9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 11:36 PM by riedwaang

unable to update DAT getting Error:Generic Script Error

risingflight

Hello everyone

I am unable to update DAT on few pcs i am getting error Generic Script Error.

I have followed a Mcafee Article but still the same issue.i have uninstalled virusscan, antispyware and agent also,

and even deleted mcafee and network associates folders from registries., also deleted temp files.and then i pused agent from epo and then still i am getting the same error .

i am not able to update few pcs with latest dat

Below u can check ths screenshot. and please guide me how to completely uninstall McAfee from registries.

This article i followed but it did not help me.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB65815

Delete the conflicting file name UpdateDir:

1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, then click OK.
      2. Right-click the McAfee Framework Service and select Stop. Then minimize the services window.
      3. Using Windows Explorer navigate to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\
      4. Right-click on the file UpdateDir and select Delete.
      5. Replace the files UpdateMain.mcs and InstallMain.mcs with those from a working computer.
      6. Delete the contents of  the folder c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANDAT1000\
      7. Maximize the services window and right-click on the McAfee Framework Service and select Start.
      8. Perform an Update now.