Open IE – click tools – Click internet options
Under advanced – click Reset
Close all windows and then try to run a scan
If the former doesn’t help, restart the computer and start tapping F8 key
From the advanced boot options menu select safe mode
Try to run a scan in safe mode and update me on the status
Kindly update me on the status so that we could proceed further
Oh can you also confirm which version of virusscan you have.
If 2009 look at bottom right corner and details or about. If 2010 go to navigation and about.
I would like to know some information before we proceed further.
- Have you done any hardware changes most recently (EX :System restore ,Reformat,.....etc).
- Are you getting any Malware or Trojan alert.
- Check the DAT Version is up to date (Open McAfee -Click -> Navigation->About -underneath virus scan DAT version,Last update date).
- Open Run windows (Press Windows button and letter R).
- Type services.msc and click ok.
- You will get services windows.
- Select McAfee program and check the Status (It should be started) and start up Type (It should be Automatic).
- If you are not able to restart the services than run McAfee removal tool by using above useful links and reinstall the McAfee.
Thanks for the prompt reply! Please see reply:
4. tried everything till 7... Still cant use th virus scan
8. How do I remove and reinstall? Will my current subscription be gone..?
Looking forward to your reply!
Thanks for your reply! Cant work ):
Version 14.5. Thanks!
Did you try my suggestion?
Re uninstall reinstall see
reboot and run
Check first that you can access your account on the mcafee home page login and see if all there.
I would like to know whether you tried above Steps to uninstall and reinstall McAfee.