1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2011 6:38 AM by JaiPrakash

Mcafee internet security 2011 activation problems

hi,

recently i purchased the MIS 2011.(3 lic)

i installed it on my girlfriends laptop and the activation was ok.

i have spent hours on my laptop trying to activate the new subscribtion (i already had a valid one but it untl may) but everytime i get the same error:

email or password incorrect.

i have tried resetting the password few times - no luck.

i have been using mcafee for a few years and each year it gets more and more cumbersome.

now i can´t even use the product i have purchased, after wasting hours of my personal time on it? what a shame.

i am kindly asking the admins or someone to activate my accout. i will provide all of the information needed.

thank you.

• 1. Mcafee internet security 2011 activation problems
          JaiPrakash

Hi,

Step 1: Clear all the Windows Temp Files:- (Navigation: Click Start > Run >Type Temp) and clear all temp files.

Step 2: Clear all the Local Temp Files:- (Navigation: Click Start > Run >Type %Temp%) and clear all temp files of the local user.

Step 3: Clear all the Temporary Internet Files:- (Navigation: Open Internet explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Under General tab) clear all temp internet files & cookies as shown below.

TEMP 1.JPG

TEMP.JPG

Step 4: Then log on to www.mcafee.com (or) uk.mcafee.com and select log in and choose the forget password option to retrieve your password as shown below and then try logging with the password.

forget pass 0.JPG

forget pass 1.JPG

forget pass 2.JPG