2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 6:37 AM by Peter M

I got a trojan...

Mcafee says I have a trojan. Generic.brf!l (L) is the last letter. So once it came up it said restart now. So I didt as soon as I saw. When my computer came back on from the restart, it said again that I had to restart computer. Help someone please

• 1. I got a trojan...
          k3tg

This document from McAfee will assist you with any virus or malware issues you may be experiencing

Required Reading - Home User Assistance Malware Troubleshooting

Please be sure to follow the steps outlined in the document and to also run the McAfee Stinger scan found within it. Let us know if Stinger finds anything.

When you have completed the steps in the document and if you still experience issues you could try to run this free program http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php     After installation check for the latest updates and run the program and let it clean everything it finds and reboot the computer.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

• 2. I got a trojan...
            Peter M

Moved to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance.

Try booting into Safe Mode by tapping F8 repeatedly while booting up, then going to Computer (Vista/Windows 7), My Computer (XP), right-click the drive and select 'Scan'.

You'll see only an animated icon on the taskbar, hovering over it will give a progress report.

See if it will go in that mode.  If McAfee detects it it should go.

You may have to temporarily disable System Restore to get rid of it as it could be caught in a restore point.