9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 4:23 PM by SafeBoot

Authorization code for safetech

Hi, I need authorization code for decrypt and HP 6710b with protectools. I have created the iso with safeboot and have the file key to recovery.

Thanks

• 1. Authorization code for safetech

Call support, or use the support portal - you can get the code from there as long as you are authorized.

• 2. Authorization code for safetech

I need grant number to register but I don´t have, could you send me the authorization number?

• 3. Authorization code for safetech

not really - if you don't have a grant number, that means you also don't have a support contract, or your company has not authorised you to get this information. The best route would be to contact whoever maintains the McAfee relationship within your company, or your helpdesk manager.

• 4. Authorization code for safetech
                mirrorless

Did u install hp tools safeboot?

I think nothing you can do even you call hp/mcafee since safeboot with hpprotectools is not support by Hp or McAfee.

• 5. Authorization code for safetech

mirrorless wrote:

Did u install hp tools safeboot?

I think nothing you can do even you call hp/mcafee since safeboot with hpprotectools is not support by Hp or McAfee.

You could not be more wrong - customers who bought "SafeBoot" and have a support contract are absolutley supported by McAfee - home users who got the free version of "Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools" are supported by HP through the life of their support contract, and via the HP KB from then on.

The worst situation is to be an enterprise customer who is not paying for support - no one wants to help them, but I think for the home users, HP offers email support without charge forever, and 3 years standard support with the laptop itself?

The only problems are when home users try to get support for the HP product from McAfee (It's not our product!), and when they go to HP and ask for support for "SafeBoot", which is the wrong name for the prodcut they are using, and thus HP don't know what to do with it.

• 6. Authorization code for safetech

If I use hp protect tools and my laptop is out guaranttee, I could send the disk to HP?

• 7. Authorization code for safetech

You need to ask HP that?

• 8. Authorization code for safetech
                        mirrorless

SafeBoot wrote:

The only problems are when home users try to get support for the HP product from McAfee (It's not our product!), and when they go to HP and ask for support for "SafeBoot", which is the wrong name for the prodcut they are using, and thus HP don't know what to do with it.

I think this most of the problem..It's a good tool but pain to recover

I think user need to be aware and warned about the consequent before installing the product.

This more related to HP i think.. it's their product bundled together with HP protect tools.

Warning on recovery and support should be state clearly - if they need to pay more etc.

• 9. Authorization code for safetech

there are HUGE warnings about keeping the recovery code safe etc when you activate the product, really in-your-face boxes etc.