5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 10:39 AM by JoeBidgood

Manual update to distriuted repository.

Hi I wonder if anyone can advise.

Is it possible to manually update a distributed repository if the ePO server is unavailable and the is no internet connection to McAfee. Specifically would it be possible to find a working internet connection on another network, same the .zip to media and manually import the dat to the DR on the network with no internet or working ePO as a temporary measure?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

• 1. Manual update to distriuted repository.
          JoeBidgood

I'm afraid not, no - you can't import a package without a functioning ePO server.

Sorry

Regards -

Joe

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Manual update to distriuted repository.

Many thanks for your response. Is there anyway an agent handler can take care of this scenario? i.e manually import dats. I don't think so as I have read the docs and it clearly stated an AH isn't meant as a replacement for DR's. Just would like someone to confirm please.

• 3. Manual update to distriuted repository.
              JoeBidgood

No, sorry - the only thing that can check the package into the master repo is the ePO server. If that's down, no repository options are possible.

Regards -

Joe

• 4. Manual update to distriuted repository.

OK  understood. Thanx. One last question just to tidy up. I have a  very small number of clients so I assume they can get their updates direct from the ePO server and DRs and AH's are not required or mandatory. It seems to suggest in the ePO documentation under system requirements that they are required? As I said there is no planned  internet connection to the ePO server so I assume I can directly install the updates (dat, products, extensions etc.) from the mcAfee site via say a CD/DVD? I know it is a very manual way of doing things but needs must..

Many thanks.

• 5. Manual update to distriuted repository.
                  JoeBidgood
                  I have a  very small number of clients so I assume they can get their updates direct from the ePO server and DRs and AH's are not required or mandatory.

Yes, that's correct - if you've only got a small number of machines then you don't need any extra repositories (and definitely no AHs )

As I said there is no planned  internet connection to the ePO server so I assume I can directly install the updates (dat, products, extensions etc.) from the mcAfee site via say a CD/DVD?

Yes. There are quite a lot of customers with isolated systems that operate in exactly this fashion - the only real pain is having to download and check in the dat zip package every day, but it's not as bad as it sounds

HTH -

Joe