7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2011 3:04 PM by Peter M

Can someone confirm if my virus scan is being updated, but it's just not showing in Security report section?

Hello!

My computer installed the McAfee Anti virus Plus Select Edition on 2-22-11. Security center version 10.5. Everything went fine, changed icon, everything in protected state. Auto update is on, I changed the scheduled scan from fri to tue. It appeared to be updating the same as the old security ctr. The icon has a tiny circle, my browsing slows, same as before. Only when I put my mouse over the icon it says updating but always has 0%.

I did a manual update this morning, looked at security report had last update 3-1 6:52am- Number updates 0.

It had last scan-no activity and all zeros but the scheduled scan wasn't until today. Nothing showed in buffer overflow and I know i had a buffer overrun on 2-28. I never saw that message before. It threw me out of Moz Firefox. I ran malwarebytes after-nothing. While looking for the security center version under McAfee Resources- about - I noticed it has McAfee virus scan last update 2-28 Dat version 6270, Dat creation 2-27. I decided to wait to see if does the scheduled scan.

It did the scheduled scan, and it did an update. Little circle still saying 0% on the update on mouse point.

The Security report  still has last update my manual one 3-1 6:52 am -number of updates 0- Scan report 0, full scan 0, total items scanned 0

McAfee Resources-About - said Virus scan last update 3-1, Dat version 6271, date creation date 2-28.

I've searched the forums for an answers found a few posts that were similar but very old and the only thing I got was to run virtual tech which I forgot I had. If there is a place where people with similar issue had the solution posted please let me know.

Am I protected with the lastest update even though its not showing in reports?

Is there a solution to the reports section not showing updates, scans?

ran Malwarebytes full scan - nothing found

ran virtual tech - no problems found- Session ID 3124712

windows xp sp3

IE7

Mozilla firefox