1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2011 4:57 AM by artemiojr

Cant download DMSetup completly

I´d experienced a few problems wit McAfee so I felt need to uninstall it and I did so. After that I can´t download DMSetup.exe file from MCAfee website. It starts normally but when it reach 2.8Mb it stops and freeze. Nothing happens than. Connection keeps on, download seam to be on but nothing go further. I cheked my Internet options and connections options. Java use isn´t allowed.

I tried two downloaders programs diferents but problems are the same. Tried IExplorer, mozilla and another program but none of them worked. All freezes at 2.8Mb.

Now I can´t reinstall it due this problem. I checked my machine to viruses too. Nothing was detected. Need some help to solve this mistery....

• 1. Cant download DMSetup completly
          Peacekeeper

Java use isn´t allowed I thought the downloader need this.

Maybe not best to go to technical support link in Usefull links tab above and  use the chat path as a 1st thought.

Maybe before that run MCPR removal tool reboot and run mcpreinstall then retry then chat if you have to.

• 2. Cant download DMSetup completly
            thecreator

artemiojr wrote:

I´d experienced a few problems wit McAfee so I felt need to uninstall it and I did so. After that I can´t download DMSetup.exe file from MCAfee website. It starts normally but when it reach 2.8Mb it stops and freeze. Nothing happens than. Connection keeps on, download seam to be on but nothing go further. I cheked my Internet options and connections options. Java use isn´t allowed.

I tried two downloaders programs diferents but problems are the same. Tried IExplorer, mozilla and another program but none of them worked. All freezes at 2.8Mb.

Now I can´t reinstall it due this problem. I checked my machine to viruses too. Nothing was detected. Need some help to solve this mistery....

Hi artemiojr,

Where are you located that Java Use isn't allowed? Is this your own computer or a Company's Computer?

Have you tried downloading a new McAfee installer from scratch? That is, after logging into your Account?

• 3. Cant download DMSetup completly

About allowed Java I ment blanks aren´t signed in Internet settings.

Also

I made all procedures using MCPR removal tool and MCPreinstall.

I finally got DMSetup.exe downloaded.

Started installation but when I install program reachs about 32mb downloaded file it returns to 19mb of 111010Mb needed and it keeps downloading and backing again and again.

• 4. Cant download DMSetup completly

More....

The Creator;

It´s my home computer

have windows 7 installed

• 5. Cant download DMSetup completly
                  thecreator

artemiojr wrote:

More....

The Creator;

It´s my home computer

have windows 7 installed

Hi artemiojr,

Which Windows 7? Starter Edition? Home Premium? 32-Bit ? 64-Bit?

Do you have a Router?

• 6. Re: Cant download DMSetup completly
                    Dinz

Hi there,

This moreover is  a connection issu between the server & your machine . Please let us know the below details;

How is the computer connected to internet ?
                    Then Click Start – Click Start search and type drivers – Hit enter

Search and open the folder etc

Right click on Host and select open with
                    choose Notepad to open with :

Let us know if your host file looks similar to the one below;

Host file1.png

Also,

Then Click Start – Click Start search and type cmd – Hit enter
                    From the options right click on cmd and select Run as administrator

In the command prompt window type – ping download.mcafee.com and hit enter – (there is a space after ping)

Let us know if you receive a valid reply with a IP or a loop back address (127.0.0.1)

Regards,

• 7. Re: Cant download DMSetup completly
                      Peacekeeper

BTW been told java not required for download.

• 8. Cant download DMSetup completly
                        thecreator

Hi Peacekeeper,

Could there be an issue with dmsetup from McAfee where for some programs, they are changing it to: McAfeeSetup?

• 9. Cant download DMSetup completly
                          Peacekeeper

Isnt that latter for the beta?

Dinz can comment better

1 2 Previous Next