1 2 3 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2011 11:35 AM by crazymamma

Help with Virus/Trojan Vista Security 2011

Hi all I am new to this and I need help to sort a problem on my Dell inspiron desktop pc. I am not very techy when it comes to computers....

I have manged to pick up a fake antivrus virus thing which is reporting numerous 'infections' and to click here to remove... It is not very clever in its terminolgy so I have not clcked it..

What it has done is disabled Mcafee and windows defender and locked off all control panel functions. I am unable to connect to the internet but my File and folders appear to be intact.

I have managed to open the pc in safe mode and ran a full system scan on mcafee and the microsoft malicious software removal tool.. mcafee found nothing came back clean and the microsoft tool found Trojan-BNK win 32 Fakerean.... It said in removed it but the problem still exists.

When the pc is open in normal mode I also have system tool notifications flashing up everwhere urging me to click the Vista security 2011....

Help..... Why did Mcafee not find it...

I am on my works PC now and not a home as I cannot get an internet connection to contact you or to download any files as solution...

Thanks

karen

1 2 3 Previous Next