Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
1138 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2011 1:37 AM by seangibson RSS
seangibson Newcomer 2 posts since
Feb 24, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 25, 2011 12:12 AM

Outlook 2010 can't send e-mail

Hi, I just got a brand new HP Pavilion desktop with Windows 7 Ultimate.  I immediately uninstalled the pre-installed Norton Internet Security and downloaded and installed McAfee with no issues.  I then installed Microsoft Office 2010 Professional.  For some reason, I am unable to send e-mail.  Mail just remains in the Outbox and won't send.  I know there could be any number of reasons for this, but where in McAfee should I check to make sure McAfee is or isn't the cause?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Peacekeeper Volunteer Moderator 21,371 posts since
    Nov 23, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Feb 25, 2011 2:56 AM (in response to seangibson)
    Outlook 2010 can't send e-mail

Open security centre and web and email protection/firewall and permissions and see if outlook is allowed full access.

If Ok but still no go disable firewall and retry does it now work. If so we need to look further like

When you uninstalled Norton how did you do it? Did you use the norton removal tool if not you may need to uninstall Mcafee via its removal tool MCPR (in useful links tab above) and run norton tool reboot and reinstall Mcafee.

These initial thoughts

Tony
    Volunteer Moderator
    Mcafee Total Protection 7.0 beta, Windows 8 64bit
    No Unrequested PMs please
    Do you have an idea for improving McAfee products? Please share it in the new Ideas community space!  NOTE: You must register an account first.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points