what host name and IP address have you assigned to the new ePO 4.5 server? Is that the same host name or a different one?
If the McAfee agent wants to report to your new server, make sure you mention the old host name and IP address to the new ePO server.
both new and old epo server are running with diffrenet ip and server name. some client are still on the old server, i am trying to move them to the new one using force agent install via the new epo dashboard. eventhough the new epo server says the deploy was
Successful, still the client report to the old server and i can not wake it up via the new epo.
i appreciate your stop
If the Mcafee agent installed from old ePO server, the agent's sitestat.xml file have the information about the old server...it will communicate to the old epo server only....
Hence you given a new server name you need to uninstall the Mcafee agent from the client machine (the machine that reported to old epo) and install again from the new server........
when you are migrating the server with new name and with IP address, you need to consider lots of more additional things.
What about ports? Did you change ports also or only name and IP address.
1. Modify the server details (name, IP address, netbios name, FQDN) in the DB under serverInfo table.
2. Please stop the eOPO services, delete sitelist.xml, siteMgr.xml file from the ePO server (\Program files\McAfee\ePO\DB). These files will be recreated when you restart the ePO services.
3. On all clients, we have to do force agent deployment.
After deploying agent from the new epo, I got the following message when I tried to wakeup the client computer
Waking up agent using NetBIOS
Unexpected HTTP response code 500 received from remote computer
Wakeup agent failed
To solve the problem i tried the following steps
- I removed one of the agent using old epo, I did agent deploy for the same computer using the new epo, then after wake up I got the above error message without the second line Unexpected HTTP response code 500
- I removed agent from one computer manually using the dos command frminst/ forceuninstall
- The agent deploy was successful
- I can not do step 2 for 1000 computer! it needs time and efort to tell every user to do setp2
- What do u mean by step 2 Please stop the eOPO services, delete sitelist.xml, siteMgr.xml file from the ePO server (\Program files\McAfee\ePO\DB). These files will be recreated when you restart the ePO services.
- Is this to be done for the old epo server?
Thank you both
On new server.