6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2011 11:12 AM by hem

Moving computer to new epo 4.5

Moving computers to new epo

We have just installed new epo 4.5 in our office, I tried to move all computers agents from the old epo 4.5 to the new one. Some computers were moved some are not. If I do force agent deploy from the new epo to one of the computer, it says it is successfully deployed, however the agent of this computer is still pointing to the old epo. If I try to wakeup the agent from the new epo dashboard I get this message

Unexpected HTTP response code 500 received from remote computer

I appreciate your help

• 1. Moving computer to new epo 4.5

what host name and IP address have you assigned to the new ePO 4.5 server? Is that the same host name or a different one?

If the McAfee agent wants to report to your new server, make sure you mention the old host name and IP address to the new ePO server.

....Sundar....

• 2. Re: Moving computer to new epo 4.5

both new and old epo server are running with diffrenet ip and server name. some client are still on the old server, i am trying to move them to the new one using force agent install via the new epo dashboard. eventhough the new epo server says the deploy was

Successful, still the client report to the old server and i can not wake it up via the new epo.

i appreciate your stop

Message was edited by: alhaawi2005 on 2/23/11 10:55:22 PM CST
            • 3. Re: Moving computer to new epo 4.5

If the Mcafee agent installed from old ePO server, the agent's sitestat.xml file have the information about the old server...it will communicate to the old epo server only....

Hence you given a new server name you need to uninstall the Mcafee agent from the client machine (the machine that reported to old epo) and install again from the new server........

• 4. Re: Moving computer to new epo 4.5
                hem

when you are migrating the server with new name and with IP address,  you need to consider lots of more additional things.

What about ports? Did you change ports also or only name and IP address.

1. Modify the server details (name, IP address, netbios name, FQDN) in the DB under serverInfo table.

2.  Please stop the eOPO services, delete sitelist.xml, siteMgr.xml file from the ePO server (\Program files\McAfee\ePO\DB). These files will be recreated when you restart the ePO services.

3. On all clients, we have to do force agent deployment.

• 5. Re: Moving computer to new epo 4.5

Dear sundar.8212

After deploying agent from the new epo, I got the following message when I tried to wakeup the client computer

Waking up agent using NetBIOS

Unexpected HTTP response code 500 received from remote computer

Wakeup agent failed

To solve the problem i tried the following steps

1. I  removed  one of the agent using old epo,  I did agent deploy for the same computer using the new epo, then after wake up I got the above error message without the second line Unexpected HTTP response code 500
                    2. I removed agent from one computer  manually using the dos command frminst/ forceuninstall
                    3. The agent deploy was successful
                    4. I can not do step 2 for 1000 computer! it needs time and efort to tell every user to do setp2

Dear Hem

1. What do u mean by step 2   Please stop the eOPO services, delete sitelist.xml, siteMgr.xml file from the ePO server (\Program files\McAfee\ePO\DB). These files will be recreated when you restart the ePO services.
                  2. Is this to be done for the old epo server?

Thank you both

Message was edited by: alhaawi2005 on 2/24/11 10:39:50 PM CST
                  • 6. Re: Moving computer to new epo 4.5
                    hem

On new server.