5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 4:30 PM by jhall1

EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4

Hi there, I haven't received anything back from Mcafee for my EPO issue...

Hi there, I upgraded our EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4 on Wednesday and almost every time I save my policy(which the upgrade deleted btw), it comes with unable to save policy, then I need to either restart the server or restart epo, than I can save the settings.

Also I added the Virusscan patch 4 to the extension and Mater repository and none of the machines are getting the new Patch for it.

Can you please help?

• 1. EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4

Well if you specified a bit more info, i could but my reply is purely speculation at this point.

I dont see what has been upgraded in your text if you are referring to patch 3 to 4 then i cant see how the policies were deleted.

Have you loaded VSE 8.8?

Where are you trying to create a policy?

Has your replication completed successully?

under extentions in ePO does it list patch 3 and/or 4

just a bit more specifics would help

• 2. EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4

i was able to save the policies but now i cant seem to get my machines to recieve the patch 4 for the vse ?

• 3. EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4

I installed the latest Agent patch already early this morning, I have a couple of client tasks, two of them are to deploy Mcafee and the Antispyware whereby the one does it immediately after the agent first talks to the server (this was set up since the beginning) and one I'm experimenting with whereby I put a schedule every hour or two for everyone to deploy the new patch version. It works if there has been no mcafee installed on a machine but there are issues when mcafee is already installed. Most of the machines, and I have 50 now on patch 4 were new machines added to the epo since I basically added patch 4 to the server, but its battling to uninstall and reinstall the new version through the agent. Yesterday I actually downloaded version 8.8 and that seemed to uninstall my 8.7 patch 3 and install 8.8, which I don’t mind, but its only a evaluation version. I then removed it and added patch 4 and it uninstalled 8.8 and installed patch 4, but most machines don’t want to upgrade themselves from patch 3 to 4. Im going to let it run during the day and see if I have any more machines that upgrade themselves and let you know.

• 4. Re: EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4

Whats the process you did to update the virus scan from patch 3 to 4 I m having troubles seeing it updating on the ePO server it self after checking the extension

• 5. Re: EPO server to Patch3 and the Virusscan to patch 4

In the same client task in ePo you have to update the DAT's etc, there is a check box next to patches and upgrades for virusscan 8.7. It might not have been there, but you have checked in "just the patch" into ePO, it should appear now.

Did you check in the full Virusscan with patch 4 or just the patch?

-James