3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 3:49 PM by Dinz

Microsoft Visual Basic System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259) with McAfee antivirus

Hi,

I have a excel based application created using Excel4 macros and VBA. It throws "Microsoft Visual Basic System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259)" error at startup when using McAfee antivirus. The same application works fine with other antivirus. Is there any security option in McAfee to block VBA and excel4 macros?  Please let me know do we have any option to block macros through McAfee settings?

• 1. Re: Microsoft Visual Basic System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259) with McAfee antivirus
          Dinz

Hi San,

Probably if the programs is not granted an access under the firewall section , we might see issues starting it up just that McAfee doesn’t want any unknow programs to do a automatic start without the user knowledge.

Please check the following within McAfee security center ;

1. Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
          2. Select the Web and Email Protection drawer.
          3. Click the Firewall Link.
          4. Select the Program Permissions drawer.
          5. Scroll to the bottom and click the Add button
          6. Click Browse and locate the file you want to add.
          7. Click the application to highlight it and select Open.
          8. Set the access type you want using the provided options in the Access drop down menu.
          9. Click Save.
          10. Close SecurityCenter.

If the above doesnt fix the issue, Please let us know;

What is the name of the software ? probably with version no.

What operating system ?

At present do you use any other security software ?
          Version of your Virus scan

Regards,

• 2. Microsoft Visual Basic System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259) with McAfee antivirus

Hello Dinesh,

Thanks for you reply.

I hope this issue is not because of firwall settings. My application has nothing to do with internet or firewall. It is  a simple desktop appliaction created using excel 2003 works in Windows XP. Since i am getting this system error, i guess there might be some setting in Mcafee antivirus that probably blocks my excel4 macros. Do McAfee provide any such option ?

• 3. Re: Microsoft Visual Basic System Error &H80004005 (-2147467259) with McAfee antivirus
              Dinz

Could you please let us know the version of your virus scan . Also just in case did you follow the steps in my previous post to check if everything is set right!!!