Probably if the programs is not granted an access under the firewall section , we might see issues starting it up just that McAfee doesn’t want any unknow programs to do a automatic start without the user knowledge.
Please check the following within McAfee security center ;
- Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
- Select the Web and Email Protection drawer.
- Click the Firewall Link.
- Select the Program Permissions drawer.
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Add button
- Click Browse and locate the file you want to add.
- Click the application to highlight it and select Open.
- Set the access type you want using the provided options in the Access drop down menu.
- Click Save.
- Close SecurityCenter.
If the above doesnt fix the issue, Please let us know;
What is the name of the software ? probably with version no.
What operating system ?
At present do you use any other security software ?
Version of your Virus scan
Thanks for you reply.
I hope this issue is not because of firwall settings. My application has nothing to do with internet or firewall. It is a simple desktop appliaction created using excel 2003 works in Windows XP. Since i am getting this system error, i guess there might be some setting in Mcafee antivirus that probably blocks my excel4 macros. Do McAfee provide any such option ?
Could you please let us know the version of your virus scan . Also just in case did you follow the steps in my previous post to check if everything is set right!!!