Skip navigation
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
4161 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2011 2:42 PM by Hayton RSS
ConorD62 Champion 586 posts since
Apr 9, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 21, 2011 1:55 PM

Sa-Live.com redirect.

Hi,

This is SiteAdvisor, but it is covering up a link, this never happened with the old Forums.

Community.McAfee.com picture, below that.

Picture of the Forums.Malwarebytes.org, forums.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Conor on 21/02/11 13:54:58 CST

Message was edited by: Conor on 21/02/11 13:55:53 CST
Attachments:

If you need any help, please send me a message, the same goes for any malware questions.
  • Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,588 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    1. Feb 21, 2011 5:39 PM (in response to ConorD62)
    Sa-Live.com redirect.

Very strange behaviour. The HTML code shows the underlying link to be to virustotal, and that's where I ended up after clicking it. BUT the link properties show a connection to SA-Live, and the status bar showed that same url as well.

Like I say, strange. Do you not get put through to virustotal?

Also strange : I see no Browse button on this Reply window to allow me to upload a screenshot. It's there in other parts of the forum, but not here. I'll have to try and add an image, and hope it fits.

virustotal link properties window.JPG

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please
  • April Jacobs McAfee Employee 1,516 posts since
    Nov 1, 2009
    3. Feb 22, 2011 2:36 PM (in response to ConorD62)
    Re: Sa-Live.com redirect.

We use SiteAdvisor LIVE to filter links on the site after the upgrade. Can you post a link to the thread in question?

Also, you can insert pictures by clicking "Use advanced editor" at the upper right of the reply window.

• Hayton Volunteer Moderator 4,588 posts since
    Sep 27, 2010
    5. Feb 22, 2011 2:45 PM (in response to ConorD62)
    Re: Sa-Live.com redirect.

I reckon this is one of the improvements that came in with the upgrade. It must be to stop people posting links to malware sites, and to catch dodgy links disguised underneath a bit of text that says "this site" (or similar).

Looks like any link has to be filtered by SiteAdvisor first, which presumably would put up a blocking window if the link were to a bad site. Which will annoy the hell out of anyone posting about a red SiteAdvisor rating, if the link to their site (which they will, natch, say is and always was squeaky clean - and may well be) that they include in their message produces a great big red BANNED warning when you click on it. Oh well, time will tell how this innovation works in practice.

Edit - I must learn to type a bit quicker. You and April got a mini-conversation going while I was entering the above. At least my guess was shown to be correct though.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 22/02/11 20:45:09 GMT

Volunteer Moderator  Leeds, UK
    No PM's please

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points