4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 12:32 AM by shabdulmajid

How do i NAT the server behind the firewall through VPN

Hi to All,

i am having an issue regarding Nat, how i do the natting of the local ip of my firewall with the server. The objective is that i donot want to expose my server to the client woh is accessing through VPN.

For more , kindly find the attachment.

Regards,

A Majid

• 1. How do i NAT the server behind the firewall through VPN
          PhilM

I imagine that at this time the VPN is terminating in the same burb as the server itself. If so, I can't see how you'd be able to NAT it as both the client and the server are on the same subnet.

If you were to terminate the client VPN on a different burb then this would be possible. You will need to create an access rule granting access to the server (as it is no longer on the same subnet), but the becuase the user is now located on a different burb and it is necessary to use an access rule you can then apply NAT/Redirection/Whatever you'd like.

Hope that helps.

Phil.

• 2. How do i NAT the server behind the firewall through VPN
            sliedl

There are two KB articles that go through how to do this:

KB68501:  Firewall Enterprise/Sidewinder/Secure Firewall: VPNs with rules using NAT and redirection

KB64313:  Firewall Enterprise/Sidewinder/Secure Firewall 7.x: How to create a VPN between two Firewall Enterprise firewalls when the Remote Networks share the same address space

http://kb.mcafee.com or http://kc.mcafee.com will get you to the KB.

Read through those, they explain exactly how to do this.  If you cannot reach the KB I can attach the article to this post also.

• 3. How do i NAT the server behind the firewall through VPN

greetings

thanks for your prompt reply.. I would like to repeat my scenario:

my client is a bank who is havig the Mcafee firewall and they want to have vpn connection with thier customer who has cisco router, so its between firewall and cisco router. Now the bank does not want to expose his local addresses to thier customer rather he wants to NAT 3 ip addresses (Servers) to one ip which is going to be the only ip exposed to their customer and used in vpn too as the local network.. i hope my scenario is more clear now

regarding the diagram i have sent it was just my LAB scenario not the real one.

Thanks in advance

• 4. Re: How do i NAT the server behind the firewall through VPN

Hi to All,

i uploaded the diagram of the actuall scenario i have.

Thank's and Best Regards,

A Majid