To prevent kids from removing Family Protection, a special uninstall process is required. The product removal tool does not remove it. This KB article fully explains the steps required to remove McAfee Family Protection: http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100686
Uninstalling McAfee Family Protection requires an Uninstall Code. Use the following procedure to generate a code and uninstall the product.
- Double-click the Family Protection icon in your taskbar.
- Login to Family Protection using your Administrator credentials.
- Click Get Uninstall Code. Make a note of this code.
NOTE: The uninstall code will expire at midnight.
- Click Done.
- Close all programs and disconnect your computer from the internet (you can do this by turning off your DSL or Cable modem, or unplugging your network cable from the back of your computer).
- Click Start, Programs, McAfee Family Protection, and select Uninstall Family Protection. In Windows Vista, click the Windows button, select All Programs, select McAfee Family Protection, and select Uninstall Family Protection. If prompted, click Allow.
- Select Remove.
- Click Next.
- Type your Administrator credentials.
- Click Next.
- Type your Uninstall Code and click Next.
- Select Yes, I want to restart my computer now.
- Click Finish.
Unfortunately Family Protection does not exsist on my taskbar
Everything to do with Mcafee has been removed, yet I am still getting blocked from the internet & the computer is extremely slow!
I'm going to raise visibility of your posting with our Support team, and we'll get someone on this who knows more than I do, very soon. First off, however, the fact that you're getting the message including denied.mcafeefamilyprotection.com... tells me you still have Family Protection running, whether you can see it or not.
Have you tried contacting Support yet? While my guys schedule some time to speak with you, you might want to go to http://service.mcafee.com and under the Tech Support link you'll find free Chat Support and some Phone options.
My computer is so screwed by this, I can't run anything that I download - this is being blocked! I'm typing this on my computer at work because I cannot stand the snail's pace of my home computer.
Surely this has happened before when a novice (like me) has tried the conventional ways of deleting programmes, and ended up in such a mess!!
Surely there must be some residue files that are known to be left after an incorrect deletion like I have performed.
Any progress? I have pinged our top line Support team just to make sure your issue will get handled. Sorry for the delay.
I have sent you an email requesting for a good time to schedule an appointment with you; so as we could remote inn and check if there is any files of MFP left over in the PC. Please have it replied so as we could proceed with this.
Thank you Dinesh for your INVALUABLE ASSISTANCE getting my computer back to normal.
Fantastic service !!!!!!
All the very best to you
Could you help me with this exact issue please? I need those "random" files removed from a PC I'm working on now.
HI pedigree, thanks for the feed back and we were glad to help in getting your issue fixed.
@crucialsupport – I have sent you an email (to the one registered on board) , please have it replied with the convenient time to reach you so that we could offer a call back from our technical expert for getting the hidden files removed .