2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2011 12:08 PM by mortalwombat

Very Slow Update Downloads

Recently (over the past week), the daily updates have been extremely slow to download.  At times it has taken up to an hour.  I have a broadband connection and have never had problems with this issue before.  Also, I have Mcafee installed on three computers and they all experience the same issue so I don't believe that it is a problem with my machine.  Any ideas as to why this is occurring?

One more thing that I forgot to mention...the percentage indicator next  to "downloading updates" will backtrack.  It will reach a number, say  14% complete, then drop back to a lower number.  What gives?

on 13/02/11 4:00:39 EST PM
        • 1. Re: Very Slow Update Downloads
          jmckee

I have seen the same thing here as well. The updates have been taking longer than normal and sometimes the percentage will either backtrack or simply sit at 0% Completed and then suddenly go to Installing.

System is P4 with WinXP.

Also , no updates for the past 2 days. When I try to manually do it , it comes back with "your software is up to date".

Message was edited by: jmckee on 2/14/11 7:12:28 PM EST
          • 2. Very Slow Update Downloads
            mortalwombat

Do you have some web browser toolbars? Most of them don't let McAfee update correctly. Remove all of them and try to manually look for updates.