1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2012 3:06 AM by Pritish

Saas Agent Service Error

I have recently installed Saas in our office, I have a few computers displaying an error on Mcafee icon in the system tray - Agent service is not running

When I open the consol, in the section 'Security centre communication' - Error The last Mcafee agent update failed.

When I click on the Update Now option in the system tray I get the following message -   Unable to create cab installer object, Agent service may not be running properly.

I have removed the software and done a full re-install

When I log in as an administrator I have no problem, but the users do have local administrator rights on the computers.

I checked to make sure all the Mcafee services have started and are running correctly.

Users have working internet connection

Please see attached error messages

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

• 1. Re: Saas Agent Service Error
          Pritish

Hi,

I have read your post.

I understand that you get Cannot create cab installer message when you install the McAfee software.

The issue that you are facing is due to the fact that McAfee when trying to get installed as a fresh installation or when installing the updates will look for the some cab files which are a part of the Windows operating system and if they do not find them you get this error.

To resolve the issue that you are facing you need to first run the command that is given below.

Step 1: Click on Start -> Run -> cmd -> in the command prompt please type in the following command

C:\sc delete myagtsvc

After you get the confirmation, please reboot the computer.

After you have rebooted the computer you need to uninstall the McAfee software from the computers and then first run a windows update and the reinstall the McAfee software.

Please follow the steps below.

1. Log on to the security center from www.mcafeeasap.com
          2. Click on the tab help -> utilities->Select "Migration and Optimization" and under that download the file from "Uninstall Utility", save it on your desktop and run it from there.
          3. Delete all the entries from start->Run->temp and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
          4.  Delete all the entries from start->Run->%temp% and then select all the files and folder under that and delete. (Some will not delete)
          5. Go to start->Run->regedit and the registry window will open in that click on file->export and save it to the desktop.
          6. Then you will see HKEY-LOCALMACHINE ->software->delete McAfee
          7. Then you will see HKEY-CURRENT USER ->software->delete McAfee
          8. Reboot the computer.

Then please click on start, select control panel and then open the automatic updates under the control panel.
          Under automatic updates please select install Microsoft updates for this computer.
          Please run the updates manually and run a complete Windows update.

After you have done all the above steps, please proceed with the below steps for the installation.

1. Log in to the online security center
          2. Click on computers on the top and then select all
          3. Select the computer in which you are about to reinstall and delete it from the list
          4. Select Dashboard tab on the top
          5. Click on install protection
          6. Select install protection onto new computers (not yet managed by SecurityCenter)
          7. Download and save the Topsbdm file to your desktop
          8. Run the file to install the product.
          9. After you have installed, restart the computer and run a manual update.

Please follow the above steps and then reply us with the result.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 2. Re: Saas Agent Service Error

Hi Pritish,

Thank you for your email, I have followed the instructions as you have suggested but unfortuanlly im still having the same problem.

When I go to install the saas protection I get the error - Unable to create cab installer object, agent service may not be running properly.

I keep the Microsoft updates up-to-date so there was only one update to run, I also gave the user full administrative rights to do the install

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

• 3. Re: Saas Agent Service Error
              Pritish

Hi,

Please could you let us know the operating systems that you have in the computers in which you get the "Cab installer error".

Also please let us know the version of the Internet explorer that you use on the computer.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 4. Re: Saas Agent Service Error

Hi Pritish,

All computers are running Windows XP Pro SP3, IE8

Regards

Mark

Message was edited by: markwillett on 18/02/11 11:02:16 CST
                • 5. Re: Saas Agent Service Error
                  Pritish

Hi,

I have read your post.

To install the Total Protection Service, please use the Silent installation method.

1. Open the webpage www.mcafeeasap.com and login with your security center.

2. Click on utilities on the top and select the option "Installation"

3. Under "Advanced Installation methods", click VSSETUP to save the vssetup.exe file to your hard drive.

4. Now, open a DOS window and run the following command:

VSSETUP.EXE /CK=07030301050203050507010507 /P=VFB

Where P is the parameter and V is the virus scan, F the firewall and B the browser protection. If you want to exclude installation of any software you need to omit that parameter from the above command.

Reboot the computer after installing the updates and run a manual update.

Please revert back if the above does not resolve the issue.

Regards

Pritish P.

• 6. Re: Saas Agent Service Error

Hi Pritish,

I have gone through the silent install option as per your e-mail instructions, it installed ok but when I go to do the manual update I have the same problem. Error - Unable to create cab installer object, agent service may not be running properly.

Regards

Mark

• 7. Re: Saas Agent Service Error
                      RaviShankar

Hi,

I have read your post.

Since you have tried the reinstallation steps to fix the update cab error, I would like to recommend you to please call our technical support so that would be extremely helpfull for our technicians to fix this issue.

McAfee Gold business support : 1-800-937-2237

Regards,

Ravi

Message was edited by: RaviShankar on 3/6/11 6:14:36 AM CST
                      • 8. Re: Saas Agent Service Error

Hi Ravi

i have the exact same issue, right down to the last post by mark,.

is there a new number for gold busineess support, as that number listed above rings out..

regards

Damien

• 9. Re: Saas Agent Service Error
                          Pritish

Hi,

I have read your post.

The number for the McAfee Gold Business support is as follows.

For US customers, please call the number 1-800-338-8754 and use the option for the McAfee SaaS Endpoint protection. You can use the option 2, 2 and 2 in the IVR to reach us directly.

Thank you.

Regards

Pritish P.

1 2 Previous Next