Skip navigation
McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
2573 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2011 12:59 PM by Ex_Brit RSS 1 2 Previous Next
dadco Newcomer 71 posts since
Aug 11, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 9, 2011 2:49 PM

Replacing my signature

I wondered if anybody could remind me how to replace my existing Signature with an already prepared up-to-date  one in both Wordpad and Pictures without having to retype.

Thank you.

I use Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop bought 9-6-08; Intel Core 2 Duo CPU; Windows 7 Home Premium (upgraded from Vista 28-1-11);
Windows Live Mail 2011; 32 bit OS; Ram 2.00GB; McAfee 3-User Total Protection; File System NTFS;
BT Broadband wireless connection, via BTHomeHub - 3 users (2 wireless, 1 cable). I am from the UK.
  • ConorD62 Champion 586 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    1. Feb 9, 2011 2:57 PM (in response to dadco)
    Re: Replacing my signature

Hi Dadco,

Please click on you're name, then go to Edit Signature > Change it and then make sure it's on Show Signature in discussion threads.

Thanks.

Edit: I might have not understood you're question, can't you just copy and paste the one into you're signature?

Message was edited by: ConorD62 on 09/02/11 14:57:43 CST

If you need any help, please send me a message, the same goes for any malware questions.
  • Ex_Brit Volunteer Moderator 59,556 posts since
    May 6, 2004
    3. Feb 10, 2011 9:35 AM (in response to dadco)

dadco wrote:

Thanks. Yes, I do not want to re-type. As I said, I have the new Signature prepared ready to update in all of the Forums in which I am a member.

I have tried Copy and Paste and Drag and drop----no luck.

I did not have a problem last time I updated but I cannot remember how I did it---that is why I am seeking a reminder of the procedure. I think I may need the correct procedure when I want to attach an error message when I post future McAfee problems. I wondered if it has something to do with the " ext "  !!   I have spent so much time on it so I am turning to the Forum. I must be getting old!

Cheers    dadco.

Dadco I see you have a typed sig right now but if you want to include a pic in your sig then it must be hosted on a secure website, i.e. the URL for the images must be HTTPS.  You can't copy and paste an image into your sig or simply upload one.

You can only upload them using a URL and it has to be an HTTPS one, using the symbol in this pic (click to enlarge):

Capture.JPG

If the outside image hosting site can't provide a secure address (merely an HTTP one) then tell me and I can host your image(s) in another area of these forums and give you the URL's for them.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/02/11 10:35:14 EST AM

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    I can't help you privately - please post in the Forums
    Use Advanced Forum Search To Find Answers
    Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
    How To Fix File Associations in Windows
    XP & Office 2003 End-Of-Life - 08 April, 2014
    Anti-Spyware/Malware & Hijacker Tools
    May 6, 2004
    5. Feb 10, 2011 1:16 PM (in response to dadco)

You would have to transfer the signature to a type of document that can be copied across such as a Word document and convert to .txt there where you would then be able to simply copy and paste, or to Notepad and do the same.

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-5189/78-49/Peter.gif
    Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
    May 6, 2004
    6. Feb 10, 2011 1:21 PM (in response to Ex_Brit)

I've moved this to Community Interface Feedback where someone from that side might spot it and advise accordingly.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/02/11 2:21:10 EST PM

Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
  • April Jacobs McAfee Employee 1,516 posts since
    Nov 1, 2009
    7. Feb 10, 2011 3:17 PM (in response to dadco)

Hi dadco,

I'm perplexed that you cannot copy and paste text into your signature. Are you able to copy and paste it elsewhere? Can you attach the RTF file to this discussion?

Message was edited by: April Jacobs on 2/10/11 3:17:16 PM CST
    May 6, 2004
    8. Feb 10, 2011 3:20 PM (in response to April Jacobs)

Also I see that you have the following already there, all you have to do is check the option to show it:

I use VISTA Home Premium-SP1; Ram 2.00GB; McAfee 3-User Total Protection ( re-installed 1-9-09 ) with my Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop ( restored to original factory situation
    Jul 08 ). Programs, include Microsoft Money 2001, Excel 2000, Works 6.0,Olympus Master 2, Picassa 3, Skype 4. File System NTFS ,BT Broadband wireless connection, I am from the UK.

You should be using SP2 as SP1 ceases to be supported on July 12. 2011.  See this for help:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2019

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/02/11 4:20:14 EST PM

Toronto • Canada
    Volunteer Moderator
1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)