1 2 3 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2011 9:46 PM by Peter M

anti vira av

has anyone dealt with this malware before?

• 1. Re: anti vira av
          ConorD62

Hi Wspencer,

No I haven't,

But do you have it on your computer?

Thanks.

• 2. Re: anti vira av

yeah I was taking a break from studying and my friend sent me a link regarding funny people at walmart.  i clicked on it and didn't get a virus or malware from that but then clicked on another link to dangerous killer women and now i'm stuck with anti vira av.  it won't allow me to use internet explorer which is fine but also keeps peddling it's sorry product.

• 3. Re: anti vira av

it basically peddles an anti virus protection plan.  exactly like mcafee or norton

• 4. Re: anti vira av
                ConorD62

Hi,

It sounds like Avira Anti Virus, but I'm sure it's not.

Please answer these questions;

• What Operating System are you using?
                • Do you know how to disable System Restore?
                • Do you know how to get into Safe Mode?

Thanks.

• 5. Re: anti vira av

I am using windows vista.  I'm not that computer savvy.  I do not know how to disable system restore nor go into safe mode unless i turn off my computer by holding the power button and going into safe mode that way.  Thank you Conor.

• 6. Re: anti vira av
                    ConorD62

Hi,

OK that's fine

To enter safe mode is by restarting and pressing F8 continously from start up. (You will need to enter Safe mode WITH Networking.)

To disable System Restore, please do this:

Vista:

1. Click the Start Button.

2. From the Start menu click Control panel.

3. In Control Panel click the System Icon.

4. On the Left of the System properties window you will see a list of Tasks, click on the System protection link.

5. In the System Protection window remove the 'Tick' mark from beside the drive you want to disable system restore on.

6. A message will now appear asking: 'Are you sure you want to turn System restore off'.

7. Press the Turn System restore Off button.

8. System Restore will now be turned off permanently on that particular drive.

9. To re-enable system restore  (once this is sorted out) just click your mouse in the box next to the drive you require system restore to monitor ( a tick will appear in the box), the click the Apply button and system restore will resume monitoring the drive.

Please reply when you've done both of these.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: anti vira av
                      Vinod R

OK I would suggest that you download and Run a copy of the Getsusp tool located on this forums. And Once done Upload the Getsusp logs for me to check.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: anti vira av

Hi!

I got this spyware in my windows xp computer. I entered the safe mode and it lets me use other programs but I dont know how

to delete is. Is there any way to remove this??

Thank u

• 9. Re: anti vira av
                          ConorD62

Hi Juligol10,

Please disable System restore by doing this;

Steps to turn off System Restore

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
                          2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
                          3. Click to select the Turn off System Restore check                     box. Or, click to select the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box.
                          4. Click OK.
                          5. When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System                     Restore:
                            You have chosen to turn off System  Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted,  and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.

Do you want to turn off System Restore?
                            After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Steps to turn on System Restore  (when this is all sorted out)

1. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
                          2. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
                          3. Click to clear the Turn off System Restore check                     box. Or, click the Turn off System Restore on all drivescheck box.
                          4. Click OK.

After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.

Thanks.

1 2 3 Previous Next