You need to clean the entries of any product extension file from three places.
1. \Program files\McAfee\ePO\Server\conf\Catlina\Localhost
2. \Program files\McAfee\ePO\Server\Extensions\Installed\
3. In the Orion extension table.
If the file is present in any of the directories and left undeleted from other locations then you will get this kind of message.
To resolve the issue, please delete report extension file from all the three places.
1. \Program files\McAfee\ePO\Server\conf\Catlina\Localhost - Nothing here
2. \Program files\McAfee\ePO\Server\Extensions\Installed\ - Deleted the VIRUSCANREPORTS folder
3. In the Orion extension table. - Nothing in the table about VIRUSCANREPORTS but there was and entry in OrionExtensionsBackup. I read some where the EPO 4.0 SP1 and later will delete any unknown extensions when starting up?
After deleting the folder I rebooted and there was still some errors on the console log in but the English box was back and I was able to log in. Of course all my reports on the dashboards are missing. I went to reinstall the VISURSCANREPORTS extensions and I get an error:
"Unable to install extension. java.lang.NullPointerException" and most of my other extensions are in error except for my Help and Shared Components.
"Plugin EPOAGENTMETA is missing dependency:ComputerMgmt"
Thanks you for the help with getting me logged back into the console. That is a big step. Hopefully I can figure out the other issues. - Kenny