2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2011 8:17 PM by DBO

6.7.2 HF5 - safe to apply?

I have noticed that hf5 is available on my appliances.  Is this release safe to apply?  I note from earlier posts that some functionality has been broken (grep for example).  Perhaps I should wait for a different release, or will I need to contact support after installation?

TIA,

Sue

• 1. Re: 6.7.2 HF5 - safe to apply?

I usually wait until I am at least 2 hotfixes later.  But this time I put HF5 on one of my appliances and left the other alone.

I did this because I am having issues with smtpproxy restarting which may explain whyour emails sometimes do not get delivered or received.

In reading the HF5 description, it seemed to fix this issue.  However, I was informed that putting in a subnet in the "allow relay" section of intrusiondefender has been known to also restart the smtpproxy and that I was to remove this entry.  Unfortunately, that means I need to specify the hundreds of internal smtp systems that we have that hit the ironmail interface in order to send emails internally and in some cases externally.  So I am also working on removing subnet entries and specifying hosts.

It seems that HF5 fixes alot of issues that you may or may not be experiencing.  If your system is working fine, than I dont see the rush.

I lost grep capabilities on the HF5 system.

• 2. Re: 6.7.2 HF5 - safe to apply?
            DBO

Just upgraded last week from 6.7.1 to 6.7.2 HF5 and been hit by a TLS problem and by the fixe to the TLS problem.

After the update, go to http://www.checktls.com/ , enter your e-mail address and test.  It will check if TLS is running correctly and if you have any certificate issues.

In my case, the Entrust intermediated certificate wasn't accessible anymore on 2 boxes.  Support had to run a script to correct it.  The script mess with the EUQ screen that stop working (blank page).  Support have to put back a new file that the cert fixing script overwrite.  Seem that HF5 have change a bit EUQ and the script is not up to date yet.

Time to fixe: 5 minutes both time.

So if you called support for the cert problem, check if EUQ still work before hanging up

PS: The cert fixing script issue created another problem for me on 2 boxes.  I was timing out from the management screen every 1 or 2 minutes.  The EUQ fixe to the Cert script issue took care of it also...

Other then that, all seem fine...

1 of 1 people found this helpful