4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 9:29 AM by IanH

EPO agent language setting using remote registry

EPO-Janni

Hi,

we are using the EPO agent 4.5 in our EPO 4.5 environment. Unfortunately it's not possible to set the EPO agent log language to English using a EPO policy setting. So we try to set the registry key to English language using the remote function of XP regedit.exe or AD GPO:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Associates\TVD\Shared Components\Framework]

"UseLanguage"="0409"

But one problem appears. There is one VSE 8.7 "Avvess Protection Policy" - "Command Standard Protection" - "Prevent modification of McAfee Common Management Agent files and settings" active. If this setting is active it's not possiple to modify the registry key using regedit remotely. I don't want deactivate this usefull setting, to prevent unauthorized changing. But I also want to set this default English language key on all machines. I tried to add the "Processes to exclude" to this policy to add this regkey on the target machine. I found out, that I have to exclude the SVCHOST.EXE process for using regedit.exe on remote machines. But I don't know, may be it's also a security risk to add the SVCHOST.EXE? But how can I do this task otherwise? I have also tested to add this regkey using a AD GPO. But which process I have to exclude? There is a GPO task setting "reg add" for adding regkeys. But what's the process name? This GPO applies regkeys before the user lis logging on.

How can help to solve my problem?

Thanks and regards

Janni

Greetings from Germany