7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2012 9:50 PM by pusaqall

Installation

Just purchased McAfee online and followed initial installation process but it wont install on my computer- Not sure what to do?

• 1. Re: Installation

I have the same problem. Message says the issue is the Internet or McAfee server. I was on line with McAfee today and they were not able to help. I have WIndows 7

• 2. Re: Installation
            Dinz

Hi there,

Could you please provide me with the below information ;

What is the operating system of the computer ?
            Prior to McAfee programs did we have any other security programs installed in the machine ?
            Please provide us the exact error message that you receive during installation ? If possible attach a screen shot that would explain the issue better.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Installation

Windows XP

No antivirus program installed prior to installing McAffee.

MCAFEE.jpg

• 4. Re: Installation

Sorry I have Windows Vista

• 5. Re: Installation
                  Dinz

Please follow the steps below on a sequence and then retry installation and you should be good to go;

Check if the system date & time (from right bottom corner ) is set correct

Navigate through : C:\program files\ * C:\program files\Common files & make sure if you find you have any other antivirus remnants in the computer - (If found delete them)

Run the McAfee removal tool from here & reboot the system

Run McPreinstall tool from here

Login back to your account from http://us.mcafee.com/root/login.asp and retry installation

• 6. Re: Installation

Hi I've a similar problem, but it started with the following error:

c:\program files\common files\mcafee\systemcore\scriptsn.20120121130131.dll is either not designed to run on

Windows or it contains an error.  Try installing the program again using the original installation media or

contact your system administrator or software vendor for support.

I tried to uninstall McAfee Internet Security, but couldnt as I'd get a blank white screen.  I followed the instructions above and that appears to have removed McAfee - although the log said that some files could not be found.

However when I try to reinstall I get a blank grey screen and eventually the following error:  Installation Cannot Start and asked that I check JaveScript.  I've reinstalled JavaScript, but no joy. 

Any ideas?

• 7. Re: Installation

I am into the same case. Thanks for having me save a lot of time and effort looking for a solution.