No there was no such bug reported by anyone so far. However, please provide us the following details:
1. How long you are using McAfee on this computer?
2. Do you have any other security programs installed in your computer?
3. Since when you are facing this issue?
4. Did you recently make any hardware/software changes to your computer?
5. How was the McAfee programs installed, was that through CD or from the website?
Mcafee updated to 2011 by itself. I went through this with a Mcafee tech and I removed the software and re installed it. The shutdown in windows only works when I turn off the realtime scan..consistantly. But when realtime scan is on both computers hang.
Well McAfee may not have admitted to the bug...but they had the decency to fix it! The bug is in Dat. Version 6250.....the fix is in Dat. Version 6251 which came in an update yesterday...Thank McAfee..next time just admit to it...LOL!!!
Glad that you are OK now, the next if time it happens please report back and we will be with you to investigate more on this.