1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 31, 2011 7:23 AM by Peter M

aj1965

Help!  I am receiving this error on my computer "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.  I am running Windows XP SP3.  Any suggestions?  I have researched the microsoft knowledge base and it sends me back to my McAfee software which is free through my ISP provider.

aj1965

• 1. Re: aj1965
          Peter M

71063780 wrote:

Help!  I am receiving this error on my computer "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.  I am running Windows XP SP3.  Any suggestions?  I have researched the microsoft knowledge base and it sends me back to my McAfee software which is free through my ISP provider.

aj1965

I've moved this provisionally to Malware Discussion > Home User Assistance as the most likely spot.

Have you had any other indications of abnormal activivity and what were you trying to do when this occurred?

Is this a popup or something you are reading in the Event Viewer?

For now all I can suggest is to download and run the FREE version of THIS tool.  Update it before running and let it remove anything it finds.  Reboot immediately if it asks.

The only other thing I could suggest is to uninstall McAfee in the normal manner through Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs, then run the MCPR removal tool and reboot.

Then reinstall your product from your online account.   Maybe it has become corrupted which can happen for a number of reasons, frequent use of Registry Cleaners/Optimizers is one.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 31/01/11 8:23:20 EST AM