I've moved this to our Encryption area for better attention.
Contact your IT department as they should have the correct tools and knowledge to do as you requested.
Do you have access to EEM application that will help you to retrieve machine information?
If not, contact people who manage EE in your organization.
I do not have access to EEM application. Moreover, local IT helpdesk does not know much about this recovery process. I tried with SafeTech boot disc. When i tried option Authenticate from SBFS, it gives the error "SafeBoot client is not activated". Is it possible to do the manual decrypt?
Please explain me, what are the steps to be followed to recover it. Thank you
you really need to work with YOUR IT team here, it's their machine after all. Actually, you can't do anything without their assistance - you need the machine object from the database that they manage to decrypt anything.
Yes, it's entirely possible to recover all the data on your machine - whether your company wants you to do this though is up to them.
I have explained to you that you need to work with people managing EEM and need to retrieve machine information (database - to SDB file).
You need to work with personnel that has been trained for EEPC recovery procedures. If that is not your IT team, then escalate this to your management. Someone should seek McAfee Support to help you with that recovery.
Thanks SafeBoot and Peter for your reply. I have requested my IT support team for SDB file. Hope will get that by tomorrow.
I have few queries on SDB. Please clarify it.
1. Is SDB file unique for each machine?
2. When this SDB file will be created ?
3. Whether SDB will be created based on User name or given encryption password or based on machine's configuration or based on all?
4. Whether a new SDB will be created for the same user and the same machine, if user installs second time EE on the same machine after a fresh format and OS install (after reimage) ?
5. Can we download SDB file from Client machine itself after normal boot of the machine [Asking this for retrieve SDB myself and keep it with me for future use when i install EE next time] ?
1. yes, for each ACTIVATION of each machine even
2. When the admin creates it - the data it's created from though is created when you activate the product on that machine
3. It's based on the machine, nothing to do with users.
4. Yes, each activation as I say in 1.
5. No, you can not. It's only available from the administrator.
Thanks for ur reply SafeBoot.
It seems that its difficult to get SDB file from my Mcafee Enpoint encryption server team . Still am waiting for positive reply from them.
Is any other way to retrieve my data?
like logging into another machine with my encryption user name and password (after getting access for that machine-granting mulitple access) and connect my machine's HDD in USB port (Using HDD USB converter). will this help ???
Plz suggest me the possible ways.