3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2011 7:00 AM by JoeBidgood

ePO 4.5 lost connection to all agents

gizmagis

Ok sth very strange is happeing...

It seems that suddenly (3 days ago) ePO lost connection to all of its agents. None of agents is reporting its status and installed prodcuts to ePO. Agent and VirusScan compliance graph became empty, it does not help either if I crate new query...

Waking up agents does also not working and their status is still the same. Last communication date (3 days ago...)

Any suggestions or should I take a really big hammer ?

Thanks,

Gregor

• 1. Re: ePO 4.5 lost connection to all agents
          JoeBidgood

Check the agent logs on the clients - can they communicate?

Are the three ePO services running on the ePO server?
          Check the server.log on the ePO server - does it show clients communicating?

Hammer should not be necessary at this point. Maybe later

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: ePO 4.5 lost connection to all agents
            gizmagis

Hi Joe,

when the day comes like todays it's defenitley time for a hammer, a reeeeealy big hammer ! Dead laptop, web gateway with errors and not working ePO

OK I found out the problem, services were running (for a few seconds after each start). Then it stopped - reason - crashed appache service -> reason.... One of Microsoft security update. Now I guess you will ask me which one and which OS, service packs, hotfixes etc. Well I do not ***** know   The server is gone ... gone gone...and after few minutes of thinking: debbuging for hours and restoring... NO, not worth it It was ePO server only and I had safely backup keys

Thanks for your help anyway Joe !

Gregor

• 3. Re: ePO 4.5 lost connection to all agents
              JoeBidgood

No problem - sometimes nuking the site from orbit is the only way to be sure

Joe