yes, thats correct
Thanks for your quick reply.
Kindly answer one more question.
According to the answers from previous posts, I have noticed that I can create merge ini file with new DNS name for client update in server.
Please let me know how to create merge ini file instead of changing DNS server name in all laptops' SDMCFG.INI file.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
yes, you can do this by following steps
1. Have the SDMCFG.ini file from one client machine.
2. update is to accordingly your expectation (like replace the ip with DNS name)
3. Make New File GRoup > form System TAB > files > Create one File group (for ex. Updated SDMCFG,ini)
4. Import the file in this Group which we made in step 2.
5. Go to this files properties in EEM > Select the type > Cleint File (there are some other properties also .. like where this file will be deployed in client..)
6. Now select test machine in EEM and properties > Files > Select the file group we have mage in Step 3
7. Synch machine....
Note : This is my way to do this task .. there may be other way also to do the same task...
Many thanks and appreciate your help explanation in details.
I strongly advise against this - it will cause no end of problems later on.
If you're going to deploy the change with EEM - just deploy the CHANGE, ie use a merge ini - don't deploy a new file to the machines.
If you'll notice, the sdmcfg.ini file is not included in the file set to start with - that's for a lot of good reasons documented in other threads on this topic.
Many thanks for your reply. I have seen many of your replies to use merge ini.
Could you please clarify how to do.
And by the way, are you replying back for IP to DNS changing topic or my second inquiry of deploying updated DNS name in all clients using sdmcfg.ini file?
it's valid for either.
Just put the changes you want to make in an ini file of their own (section, value, key etc), import it, and change the file type to "merge ini" - then these changes will be correctly applied (and removed) from the in-place INI file.
Can I ask what to do about the server ip address in Safeboot Server Groups; Safeboot Servers; Properties; General?
set it to the DNS name of the server, then do "add to databases" on that object to add it to the local connection list.