I was a McAfee Internet Security 2010 User earlier. I bought a 2011 version from a computer shop and I'm trying to activate the 2011 version since 3 days, but it does not activate. I have a 32bit Vista Home Basic.
Uninstalled : McAfee Internet Security 2010
Installing : McAfee Internet Security 2011
Install Sources Tried : DVD Software and also Online - Both Failed to Activate.
Internet Explorer : Tried on IE 7, IE 9 Beta both. Now I'm back to IE 7
Operating System : Windows Home Basic - 32 Bit
Initially, I uninstalled McAfee Internet Security 2010. Rebooted the Machine. Then Installed McAfee Internet Security 2011. The install happened fully and it leaves me with 2 week trial period. I try to activate and all happens is ---> 'please wait while we connect to McAfee.com' and nothing happens after that.
1) I have again uninstalled and reinstalled and tried few times, But didnt really help.
2) I have also searched and deleted the Mc Afee folders manually from C:\Program Files , C:\ProgramData, C:\Users. Reinstalled and
still no difference
3) Cleaned up the registry removing McAfee keys and then reinstalled and that didnt make a difference.
4) I downloaded --> http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
I ran the MCPR. This removed the Internet Security 2011 and rebooted the machine. I then again installed McAfee Internet
Security 2011. The install as usual completes well, but when product activation happens it just stays as 'please wait while we connect
5) Ran the Mcpreinst.exe file and then installed Internet Security 2011. Product Activation still showed 'please wait while we connect to McAfee.com'
Logged a support call with McAfee. They told me machine might have some old install files and they will remove it with MCPR file.
They remote logged in to my computer with GoToAssist. Then there was no activity for 30mins and I had to go out so I told them I will contact them later.
I have searched all over McAfee forums and google. The most common 2 suggestions are
Suggestion 1: Download and run MCPR to clean and remove old McAfee files
Suggestion 2: Opening Command prompts as a administrator and running C:\Program Files\McAfee\msc\mcoemmgr.exe/regserver
When you right click on M from taskbar and try to activate, again its the same problem- 'please wait while we connect
Both the suggestions dont work for me.
I moved from Norton to McAfee due to these kind of problems where I ended up reformatting my System. Now McAfee also seem to give me similar trouble,
Is there some other solution or quick fix where I can get my product activated.
Thanks in Advance
Message was edited by: anurooth on 1/23/11 11:37:56 PM CST
on 24/01/11 3:44:57 AM