First can you try to do these steps;
1. Please open Internet Explorer and click Tools -> Internet options.
2. Please click on Connections tab.
3. Click LAN Settings… and a window named LAN Settings will open.
4. Please uncheck all options and click on Ok.
5. Please close Internet Explorer window.
Then try downloading McAfee Virtual Technician.
Temporary Internet Files (Cache) wouldn't affect this in this situation,
Because it would load the page, but it would do it slowly, it shouldn't stop you connecting.