3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2011 9:32 AM by Dinz

update System showing as Infected source ?

jo13

Can someone let why update system showing as infected source ,if virus singnature already add in normal DAT?

• 1. Re: update System showing as Infected source ?
          Dinz

Hi jo13,

To add more clarity to your question, could you please let us know whether McAfee shows you any report that the system is infected / Isit that you are receiving this prompt from any other file ????

Also, let us know if you are using the Home version of McAfee products or the  Enterprise version?

If its a home version, these below information would be of much help;

What is the version of your Virus scan in McAfee ?
          What is the operating system of the computer ?
          Do you have any other security software in the machine ?

• 2. Re: update System showing as Infected source ?
            jo13

Hi DinZ,

Greetings!

I am usinh Enterprise version. Our daily infected report show that system with latest showing is infected .

McAfee shows you any report that the system is infected / Isit that you are receiving this prompt from any other file ????

Ans :-  YES

Could you please  let me know when  system show as infected source If  Dat not update or if  remote host try to copy from that or infected system copy to remote host?

Please my find attachment test 1. System  name change :

1.Why threat source showing empty ? If no threat source than how these system got infected ?

2.What  does __ mean in threat source ?

3.why system show as infected system or when system show as infected soruce?

Regards

Message was edited by: jo13 on 1/31/11 8:10:30 AM GMT+05:00
            • 3. Re: update System showing as Infected source ?
              Dinz

Thread moved to Enterpise section, our experts here would be soon helping you out on this .