6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 5:39 AM by gizmagis

    Webgateway 7 update error

    gizmagis

      Hey guys...

       

      I am having problems with one of my gateway updates. We have two GW in cluster - proxy HA. Clicking update appliance was succesful on one (btw why is the latest updated version 7.0.1.6 if I can se there is 7.0.2.2 out), however on another with the same configuraion is not... The error is as follow...

       

      Loaded plugins: changelog, fastestmirror

      Loading mirror spreeds from cached hostfile

      * mlos-base: appliance.webwasher.com

      * mlos-mwg: appliance.webwasher.com

      * mlos-updates: appliance.webwasher.com

      http://aapliance.webwasher.com/milos/1/base/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError:<urlopen error (-3 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>

      Trying other mirror.

      http://aapliance1.webwasher.com/milos/1/base/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError:<urlopen error (-3 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>

      Trying other mirror.

      http://aapliance2.webwasher.com/milos/1/base/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError:<urlopen error (-3 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>

      Trying other mirror.

      Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: mlos-base. Please verify its path and try again.

       

      Thnks,

      Gregor

        • 1. Re: Webgateway 7 update error
          dstraube

          Hello Gregor,

           

          the URL look really wrong, as if there are several spelling mistakes in it. It should be  http://appliance.webwasher.com/mlos/... Not aapliance and not milos. Which MWG version and build is this exactly?

           

          It looks like your repositories are spelled wrong. You can manually correct this, but it might be good to figure out first where the error is coming from.

           

          Maybe you should open a support ticket and include feedback from the machine, so that support can also look at the update history.

           

          Regards,

           

          Dirk

          • 2. Re: Webgateway 7 update error
            gizmagis

            Hi Dirk,

             

            sorry for spelling mistake. I had some problems with copying test so I rewrited it

            There is only one a for appliance, not 2

             

            Any other suggestions ?

             

            Regards,
            Gregor

            • 3. Re: Webgateway 7 update error
              dstraube

              Hello Gregor,

               

              ok, if you typed this manually that explains the spelling mistakes. I had the impression you copied the log and was afraid the repositories were messed up.

               

              If the names are correct it seems like a DNS resolution problem. Have you configures a DNS server for this appliance? This can be done under Configuration > Appliances and then in the Treeview under DNS. You can specify three DNS Servers there, you need at least one for the name resolution.

               

              If you have already entered a DNS server there, there could be a problem with reaching it. If you have console access you can try pinging it (ping <IP-Address>).

              • 4. Re: Webgateway 7 update error
                gizmagis

                Hi Dirk,

                 

                there are to appliances in the cluster (proxy HA). Both appliances have almost the same configuration (except those that can not be: IP...etc). DNS is the same at bowh WG. However, the first WG had no problem with updating, the second WG still showing the same errors.

                 

                About pinging... I cannot ping DNS servers from any of the appliance - i gues ping is closed.

                 

                Any other suggestions ?

                • 5. Re: Webgateway 7 update error
                  dstraube

                  Hello Gregor,

                   

                  please try a DNS lookup from the console:

                   

                  nslookup appliance.webwasher.com

                   

                  You should see something like this (Server and Address should be your DNS IP address instead of 10.150.96.1 in my example):

                   

                  Server:        10.150.96.1
                  Address:    10.150.96.1#53


                  Non-authoritative answer:
                  Name:    appliance.webwasher.com
                  Address: 64.34.183.68

                   

                  If that isn't working there seems to be a problem with the network or the appliance configuration itself. Please file a support ticket with the feedback from the appliance, because that requires a very specific check that we can't do here in the forum.

                  • 6. Re: Webgateway 7 update error
                    gizmagis

                    Hi Dirk,

                     

                    there is some problem with networking, DNS or something in that level. Even though botw GWs have the same and correct configuration, first is able to found out its DNS (nslookup is also succesfull) and the second is not.

                     

                    I opened a ticket for support and will let you know about solution if you are interested. Meanwhile - Thank you for your help !

                     

                    Gregor