3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2011 10:12 AM by Sean Slattery

Web Reporter query

Hi,

I want to create a top 15 users report and 5 urls for each user with total bytes option. Please guide me how can I achieve it.

Thanks

Nitin Harshe

• 1. Re: Web Reporter query
          Sean Slattery

I also have a similar request to be able to automate report generation for the top X users and also their top X sites. In ePO we can use the output of one query as the input of another. I can't figure out how to do this in Web Reporter. TIA

• 2. Re: Web Reporter query
            sroering

How do you want to determine top users?  by bytes/hits/browse_time?  Please adjust my instructions below to match your needs.

Hi,

I want to create a top 15 users report and 5 urls for each user with total bytes option. Please guide me how can I achieve it.

Thanks

Nitin Harshe

Typically for this type of report you want to use the "run report multiple times" feature.  This works in two stages.  State 1, get a list of users that you will iterate through.  Stage 2, run report for each user from stage 1. I know this can get confusing, so please let me know if you have problems.  If possible, please export the report definition and attach it.

1. Create two queries, one for each stage.
              1. Reports -> Manage Reports -> Queries.  Add Query
                1. Name the query 'Web Summary - Top Users by Hits'  (Alternatively you could use browse time or bytes)
                2. Add user name and Hits to the selected columns
                3. On the Column Properties tab, select "hits", Sort by "Descending"  (this will bring users with the most hits to the top of the list.
                4. Click OK to save the query
              2. Click Add Query to create the stage 2 query
                1. Name the query "Web Summary - Top Sites by Bytes' (Alternatively you could use browse time or hits)
                2. Add Site Name, Hits and Bytes to the selected columns.  Adding the user name here would be redundant and unnecessary since each time this query is run, it will have the username at the top.
                3. Go to the Layout tab and set maximum results to 10.
                4. Go to the Column Properties tab and select "bytes", Sort by "Descending" (This will bring the sites with most bandwidth used to the top of the list)
            2. Create an advanced report.
              1. Reports -> Manage Reports -> Advanced Reports, click Add Report
              2. Name the report "Web Summary - Top bandwidth usage for top users"
              3. Set Dates to 'Yesterday' or 'Past Week' , etc.
              4. Go to the queries tab and select the stage 2 query from above
              5. Optionally add any filters on the filter tab
              6. Go to the advanced tab
                1. Check "Run report multiple times using this data"
                2. From the query columns tree, find the stage 1 query under "Web - Summary" from above.  Select User name.
                3. Optionally set maximum results to 10.
                4. Click "Select Filters" button.  This is important because this sets the time range and filters for the stage one query that is used to generate a list of users.  On the Filters dialog, select the same date range as you did in stp 2.3 above.  Then optionally set additional filters and click OK
              7. Click OK to save the report.
            3. Run the report.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit to remove email address on 11/02/11 6:33:46 EST AM
            • 3. Re: Web Reporter query
              Sean Slattery

This worked perfectly! Thank you very much.

I am now faced with the task of trying to narrow this report down by department/LDAP user group. When I apply a filter for a particular user group at both stages of the report/query process, the results still return all users. I know that the LDAP filters work correctly because I use them in several other reports. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thank you in advance.