Sorry for the inconvenience occurred, could you please clarify the below in order to sort out this issue:
1. What is the Operating System that you are using, specify the service pack too
2. How long you are using McAfee on this computer and how was that installed?
3. Do you have any other security programs installed in the computer?
4. If you have any screenshots or the errors please enclose that either
Thank you for responding so quickly. Here is the information you requested in red:
1. What is the Operating System that you are using, specify the service pack too : I have Windows 7 Family Premium installed and in is updated regularly and automaticaly by Microsoft
2. How long you are using McAfee on this computer and how was that installed? I have been using McAfee for at least 3 years and 1 year on this computer. It started having this problem after a McAfee update about 2 or 3 months ago.
3. Do you have any other security programs installed in the computer? I have Windows Firewall connected, but it has always been connected.
4. If you have any screenshots or the errors please enclose that either: I have no screenshots and the only error message I get is from Windows that McAfee has failed and if I want to send the information to Microsoft to "HELP" fix the problem. I did accept to send this information a few times, but never got a reply. I included the information files created by Windows in the original posting. They are "WER5FC1.tmp.appcompat.txt" and "WERF634.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml". If they are not usable, I could send them to you if you send me your email address.
Thank you again.
Thank you so much for the information. Could you please try the below steps and let me know the outcome!
1. Click on Start> Run> Type MSCONFIG> Click on Services (make a check mark on Hide all Microsoft Services)> Disable all the unwanted services except McAfee and other program services that you are aware of. Click on Startup and disable all> Click OK, ignore any error message and reboot the computer
2. If required click on the Useful Links on the top of this page, run the McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR), reboot the computer and install the McAfee programs back from your online account
I looked at your 1st solution and founs that I had no idea what could be disabled or not. So I tried the 2nd option and uninstalled / reinstalled McAfee at around 5PM today. I will wait for a few days to see if the problem comes back. Esther way, I will send you an update on my situation.
Thank you for your help and I hope your suggestion takes care of the problem...