0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2011 8:53 AM by Starfish4711

EEM/EEPC with Novell Clients

Hi,

I am evaluating EEPC for Windows 7 x64 client machines. At the moment I am unsatisfied by the way the logon options are implemented, but maybe it's just a lack of knowledge on my side. Currently I am using the "password only" token, later on I want to use an USV token like eToken. I want to use the secure screensaver, which means that on unlocking the USV token must be present.

Curent situation is like this:

if machine option "Require Endpoint Encryption Logon" is set to "off":

- machine wants pre-boot authentication, therefor I enter an EEM user name and password

- Windows comes up with regular login screen, so I can enter Novell and Windows credentials as usual

-> but secure screensaver does not work :-(

Ok, according to docs I have to enable  "Require Endpoint Encryption Logon" to enable the secure screensaver, therefor I enabled it.

if machine option "Require Endpoint Encryption Logon" is set to "on":

- machine wants pre-boot authentication, therefor I enter an EEM user name and password

- Windows comes up and login screen has been replaced by EEP, so far so good

- again I enter an EEM user name and password

- now a new EEPC window pops up to ask for the windows credentials (and only the windows credentials!)

- I enter the windows user name and password

- desktop comes up, but now sign of Novell login

-> I have to manually start Novell login :-(

Can I disable the EEPC-own windows login window, so that after EEPC  login I get the regular login screen with Novell and (only if passwords are different) Windows?  (JFI: I don't want SSO).

Second issue:

If I unlock the screensaver, I have to enter the EEPC token password (ok), the Novell password and the Windows password! The EEPC token password should be enough, or at max. 1 additional password should have to be entered (with active Novell connection it should be the Novell password, as it is without EEPC).

Seems that it comes to the question: how can I use the secure screen saver without having to use these inconvinient login screens?

Thanks in advance,

Frank