6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2011 6:59 AM by EPO-Janni

Question regarding EPO Task management

EPO-Janni

Hello,

I have a problem regarding EPO task management. I have configured a lot of task in our EPO environment. With my global EPO admin rights I can see and modify all tasks. All tasks are working fine. I also have configured some site EPO administrators, with the rights "server tsaks - view sheduler tasks" in the appropriated "permission set". And now appears the following: The site administrators can see only 3 of about 20 server tasks, independent of the site structure location (see attachment) . Why? Is there a possibility to configure which of the tasks can view with this "permission set" rights? How can I configure, that the site admins can see (view only) ALL configured tasks?

Thanks and regards

Janni

• 1. Re: Question regarding EPO Task management
          EPO-Janni

Hi,

no hints or solutions?

Regards Janni

• 2. Re: Question regarding EPO Task management

Hi Janni

The reason for this is that you have given the users permission to server task this is not client tasks.

This means the users can view server task and task logs that are totally different.

My understanding from the image is that the users also have view settings to VirusScan Enterprise 8.7 as well.

If the other Client Task relate to another product the users will need that permission set to view the client tasks for that product.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Ian

• 3. Re: Question regarding EPO Task management
              EPO-Janni

Hi,

thanks for you ranswer. I know the differnece between "server tasks" and "client tasks". But the 3 shown tasks are "client tasks". In fact I would that the other EPO useres can view ALL "client task" which are currently configures in their substructures.

I have configures the setting in EPO "Permission Setts" as follow:

Setting.jpg

Is their any other possibility to configure the setting for viewing the current configured "client tasks" for non global admin EPO users?

Regards Janni

• 4. Re: Question regarding EPO Task management

OK, maybe you didn't quiet understand, the setting that you have set is exactly that Server Tasks so that will give the user access to server tasks and the server task logs.

What you need to do is check the missing client tasks and what product they relate too.

The first image you uploaded showed 3 client task for VirusScan 8.7, if you look in permission sets you will see that this user will also have VirusScan 8.7 permissions and this is why they can see these client task. Their isn't a specific permission set for all Client Tasks, from what I understand of them anyway.

Regards,

Ian

• 5. Re: Question regarding EPO Task management

Hi Janni

I have found it, you need to set the McAfee Agent permissions to View Settings and once this is set it will say the below

answer.JPG

Regards,

Ian

• 6. Re: Question regarding EPO Task management
                    EPO-Janni

Hi Ian,

yes you got it great.jpg. Now all tasks are visible.

Thanks and regards

Janni