1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 11:54 PM by mjmurra

Is there an issue with malware submission via the support portal right now?

tonyb99

Trying to submit a sample through the Gold service portal with my usual details and I'm just getting an error when I go to the second level, then later on I'm getting emails for closures for the failed submissions with no other data on the email, eg  no actual human response

very annoying...

is there an issue with submissions right now?

• 1. Re: Is there an issue with malware submission via the support portal right now?

There is a planned outage soon:

An outage for the McAfee Labs sample submission  system is currently scheduled for Thursday, January 20th between 10:00 and 12:00  Pacific time.

Affected Systems:

• Customer Submission Portal – You will not be able to  submit samples via the Portal during the outage times
          • WebImmune – You will not be able to submit samples  via WebImmune during the outage times
          • E-mail – You can submit samples via e-mail during  the outage times, but submissions will not receive a response until the outage  is over

If you require an urgent submission, please contact  McAfee Technical Support for assistance.

But I've submitted stuff through the Plat portal recently without issue.

{Actually, just tried a bit earlier, and uploading samples via Plat Portal is currently disabled. Sending files via email to Virus_research address does work.

Message was edited by: mjmurra on 20/01/11 3:54:25 PM