1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2011 4:36 AM by kursaal77

Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5

Hi everyone,

I've find out the script to uninstall silently NOD32 from client computers but I am wondering how to run this script from ePO.

Does anyone know how to run a custom script from ePO or will I have to run the script from GPO?

many thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5
          JoeBidgood

There's no way to run a custom script from ePO, I'm afraid. However if what you're trying to do is replace NOD32 with VirusScan, then I believe you should simply be able to install VSE over the top of NOD32: VSE has a list of software that it knows about and can uninstall - I think NOD32 is on the list. It's definitely worth trying - manually run the VSE installer on one machine: it should prompt you to remove NOD32.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5

Thanks for your reply!

VSE is uninstalling automatically several different antivirus softwares (tested and working fine for several AV) , but so far is unable to uninstall NOD32.

I was looking to attach a script to the deployment phase in ePO , but probably I have to run a separate script from GPO to previously uninstall NOD32?

Many thanks.

• 3. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5
              JoeBidgood

Ah, OK

In that case, it might be easier to contact the VSE team (or maybe the VSE forum here.)  It should be comparatively easy to add your version of NOD32 to the uninstall list for VSE.

HTH -

Joe

• 4. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5

Hi! Nod32 is password protected?

If not i have a uninst.ini file that automatically remove some version of NOD32.

If nod32 is password-protected i have not find a solution to automatically remove nod32.

• 5. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5
                  HermanSchenk

The best way I find was inserting a uninstall script in VSE pkg (using McAfee Installation Designer). Just adding something like this msiexec.exe /X {15D68340-6695-4C63-AE34-00AC4CDFBFA7} /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress Of course you got to add the registry value thats match with your Eset NOD32 version.The second way was adding a new product to uninstall.ini and repackaging VSE with MID

and works ! the last month I use it against 750 PCs and Servers (XP & Y3k)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5

No is not password protected, could you please send me an example of what did you add to the uninstall.ini file?

I have trid a couple of test so far but NOD32 is still there..

many thanks!

• 7. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5

Hi there,

I looked in HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\uninstall and I couldn't find any GUID for nod32...nod32 is listed in the uninstall reg key but only with name nod32 and the uninstall string refer only to his setup.exe and not to msiexec.exe...so maybe the best way in my case is go ahead with uninstall.ini file...I'll give some try with that!

thanks!

• 8. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5

You must modify uninst.ini file changing software globally unique identifiers and nod32 version, adding this part:

;******************************************************************
                        ;*************************NEW PRODUCT******************************
                        ;******************************************************************
                        ;
                        [PRODUCT_180]
                        szDisplayName=NOD32
                        szLocalizeName=NOD32
                        bSkipProduct=0
                        bCheckForInstall=1
                        nNumberChecks=3

eInstallCheck_0=eRegistryValue
                        InstallCheck0_0=HKLM
                        InstallCheck1_0=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B91B4988-2 671-4C7A-9B84-5FE9E38EDDE0}
                        InstallCheck2_0=DisplayName
                        InstallCheck3_0=String
                        InstallCheck4_0=ESET NOD32 Antivirus

eInstallCheck_1=eRegistryValue
                        InstallCheck0_1=HKLM
                        InstallCheck1_1=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B91B4988-2 671-4C7A-9B84-5FE9E38EDDE0}
                        InstallCheck2_1=DisplayVersion
                        InstallCheck3_1=String
                        InstallCheck4_1=4.2.42.0

eInstallCheck_2=eUninstStatus
                        InstallCheck0_2=FORCEINSTALL

;*********
                        ;Uninstall
                        ;*********
                        nNumberUninstSteps=2

eUninstStep_0=eRegistryValueSet
                        UninstStep0_0=HKLM
                        UninstStep1_0=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{B91B4988-267 1-4C7A-9B84-5FE9E38EDDE0}
                        UninstStep2_0=UninstallString
                        UninstStep3_0=REG_SZ
                        UninstStep4_0=MsiExec.exe /X{B91B4988-2671-4C7A-9B84-5FE9E38EDDE0}

eUninstStep_1=eUNINST
                        UninstStep0_1={B91B4988-2671-4C7A-9B84-5FE9E38EDDE0}
                        UninstStep1_1=UninstallString
                        UninstStep2_1=/X{B91B4988-2671-4C7A-9B84-5FE9E38EDDE0} /qn /norestart

Let me know if it works

Messaggio modificato da kursaal77 on 21/01/11 11.22.08 GMT+01:00
                        • 9. Re: Unistall NOD32 from ePO 4.5
                          HermanSchenk

Could tell us the NOD 32 version?

1 2 Previous Next