4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 12:13 AM by mjmurra

Exclude the site from script scanning.

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to exclude a site from script scanning in VSE 8.7,

I want to deploy this exclusion from the ePO server.......

I went through the below McAfee KB Article,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB65382

But i didn't find a way to exclude the URL from ePO server. I got a information of adding URL in individual machine registries.

And also i would like to know about "how the script scan works"....

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Exclude the site from script scanning.
          ottawa_tech_31

With ePO 4.5 and VSE 8.7, there is no current way to do this.

I had the EXACT same issue a few weeks back.

The problem I was facing was that, because I had Access Protection enabled, I couldn't push out the modification via login scrip/GPO (I refused to disable AP), and there is no interface in ePO to do this.

I opened a ticket, asking for a custom superDAT. Support requested that I modify a system with my exception, export the registry key and send them the key. They rolled me a custom SuperDAT....BUT...there was a catch, as rolling out the superdat itself was ok via ePO, but the superdat uses reg.exe and regedit.exe, which when AP is enabled,  is blocked from modifying Mcafee settings. So now I had to go allow reg.exe and regedit.exe to modify mcafee settings.

The other option, if you have platinum support, is a tool like SIR (System Information Reporter), which allows to deploy.modify specific registry settings (we don't have platinum support).

Apparently this will be fixed in a forthcoming version of VSE (likely the extension for 8.8 has the new fields for these options).

• 2. Re: Exclude the site from script scanning.

Hi ottawa_tech_31,

Thanks a lot for your replay....That was soo useful for me....

i looking forward to VSE 8.8

Regards

Nagu

• 3. Re: Exclude the site from script scanning.
              hem

Rather than VSE 8.8, even with existing version of VSE like VSE 8.7, we can achieve this with the help of MID.

Please add registry exclussion on one machine as per KB#:KB65382, export the registry key from the machine. Add the exported reg key while creating MID package and deploy on the machines but this will be effective for new deployment not for existing one because VSE AP will prevent any modification.

• 4. Re: Exclude the site from script scanning.

ottawa_tech_31 wrote:

Apparently this will be fixed in a forthcoming version of VSE (likely the extension for 8.8 has the new fields for these options).

It is resolved in 8.8. From the readme:

ScriptScan exclusion support
                ScriptScan exclusions, URLs of trusted scripts from known safe websites, can be easily added to reduce scanning and improve performance. This feature is available in ePolicy Orchestrator 4.0 or later, and in the VirusScan Console. Previously these excluded URLs required manual registry editing.