3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2011 2:39 PM by exbrit

People have been trying to access into my computer system

For the past 3 days someone or some people have been trying to access into my computer system.

Since I’m using the ‘FileZilla’ server, I’m able to see their IP address and effort to enter a password to my administration net.

Is there a way to stop this? It is the same as trying to brake in into someone’s home, isn’t it? Can McAfee look into it or do something about it?

Since then I can’t concentrate on my work as it distracts me while worrying and disconnecting my Internet.

Here are the IP’s and a copy of those records:

Please contact me for any information that you can provide.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: April Jacobs to remove personal information. on 1/14/11 2:11:16 PM CST
        • 1. Re: People have been trying to access into my computer system
          Hayton

If you're using McAfee, and I take it that you must be, set your firewall to Stealth and block those 3 specific IP addresses. Then contact your ISP and notify them of what has happened - they may be able to initiate action against whoever is doing this, and should certainly notify the ISP of those doing it. Anyone engaged in hacking attempts is usually cut off pretty promptly once their ISP knows what's going on.

In addition, use one of the IP tracing tools to get some information about those IP addresses and, if you are certain that this is a determined attempt by someone to break into your system without your permission - and if the IP addresses are in your country, or in a country which is likely to co-operate in attempts to prevent this activity - you might want to notify the police and ask them to investigate.

For the moment, please do not post detailed event logs here. I'm not sure that they are advisable, or even allowed (the one you have included in your post may have to be removed).

Message was edited by: Hayton on 14/01/11 19:40:27 GMT
          • 2. Re: People have been trying to access into my computer system

I've edited out your log information to protect your privacy.

• 3. Re: People have been trying to access into my computer system
              exbrit

Are these in your 'Incoming Events' in History and Logs?  If so they are there only FYI as they have been blocked by default anyway.