Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
3393 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2011 2:56 PM by pat345 RSS
pat345 Newcomer 4 posts since
Jan 12, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 12, 2011 12:31 PM

How do I permenently get rid of wrapperapplication.exe or wrappericontray.exe after OB failed to verify user name/password?

I upgraded to Online Internet Security in December.  After I clicked on the Online Backup setup, I was told that McAfee failed to verify user name and/or password.  Since that time I changed my password several times, waited, and Online Backup was never able to verify me.  I gave up and went to Mozy.

However, every time I start PC, I have wrappericontray.exe starting and reminding me to setup my online backup.  When I click on it, it turns into wrapperapplication.exe and again fails to verify me, and then when I click on exit setup, I have that flashing wrapper icon again.  If I try to close it, sometimes clicking around it starts the whole search/failed to verify again and again.  I usually shut it down through my Task Manager, otherwise I could spend all day trying to shut it down.

How do I get rid of that online backup reminder wrapper icon?  And how come I cannot ever be verified?

I would appreciate your help, especially in getting rid of that pesky wrapper icon tray.

Pat

• Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009

Hi Pat,

Could you please post me with a screen shot of wrappericontray.exe  and possibly one for wrapperapplication.exe .

Regards,

Dinesh K
    McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin
  • Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the clear explanation of the problem and the screen shots, These errors can be caused by a weak login password. A weak login password does not meet a set of requirements that make the password hard to guess. Your login password must contain at least eight characters and at least one number.

If your password doesnt meet the above requirements,please have it changed and retry the process. If it still fails to verify the user name & password - Please click on useful links at the top of this page and get connected with our technicians.

Also, click on my avatar here in forums and send me a private message with your case number from tech support, so that I could review the same .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points