3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 8:01 PM by Aldrin

Mcafee keeps telling me I need to activate when I already have.

It tells me I need to activate before it expires when I already purchased 2 suscriptions to mcafee and it even says on my account page I have two activated subscriptions.  What is going on?

• 1. Re: Mcafee keeps telling me I need to activate when I already have.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please clarify the following:

1.    How long you are using McAfee on your computer?

2.    How was the McAfee programs installed to the computer, was that using a disk or from McAfee website?

3.    What is the McAfee package that you have subscribed for? (E.g.: VirusScan Plus, Total Protection, Internet Security Suite..etc)

4.    If you have renewed or changed your package, have you uninstalled the older one and installed the new one?

• 2. Re: Mcafee keeps telling me I need to activate when I already have.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, please clarify the following:

1.    How long you are using McAfee on your computer?

2.    How was the McAfee programs installed to the computer, was that using a disk or from McAfee website?

3.    What is the McAfee package that you have subscribed for? (E.g.: VirusScan Plus, Total Protection, Internet Security Suite..etc)

4.    If you have renewed or changed your package, have you uninstalled the older one and installed the new one?

Answers to your questions:

1.I just started using it less than a week ago.

2. I downloaded with a disk and then updated it off the internet.

3. Antivirus Plus 2011

4. This is a new install for me.

After I received the disk in the mail,  installed it on my other computer. Then my computer crashed, so I came to put it on this laptop and it told me I needed to buy another subscription to be able to use it, so I subscribed for the $10.00 or so, then it said it was activated along with the other one I still had activated on my computer.  But when I open Mc Afee it tells me I need to Activate Mcafee because my software is going to expire in 5 days.

My account information is: My name: Michael Towne My software key is: *****-******-*****-*****-****

I hope this helps, thank you.

Michael

Message was edited by: Aldrin [Keys removed due to security reasons] on 12/1/11 7:26:57 AM IST
            • 3. Re: Mcafee keeps telling me I need to activate when I already have.

Well, as you said I could see that you have a valid subscription but I would recommend you to remove the currently installed program from the computer and reinstall them back from your online account. Click on the Useful Links on top of this page, run the McAfee Removal Tool (MCPR), then click on Download to login to your online account and install them again.