1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 3:21 PM by Peacekeeper

OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !

Hello man, I downloaded the MCAfee Total Virus last night with purchased of course. Normally, I use a free anti virus on my other computer but this is a new-ish computer so I thought might as well buy a proper one. However, after I installed it and restarted my computer, then I tried open my IE and it doesnt work and so i tried the safari - both dont work so yeah. Now im like blank. Its urgent because i need to contact my uni and stuff only got an offer today and all, Oh my LORD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

MY pc is a window vista.

Oh and i looked at ''Home network defece > my home network > my computer and here it says Internet status : not connected ''

nothing much to say anymore im annoyed :S eurghhhh.

Voting for free anti virus :S ewww arhhh oooo oggiii eggg

• 1. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !
          Peter M

This is Vista SP2 I trust?

In Vista try going to your network in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center and click 'Diagnose and Repair' over at the left.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !
            Peter M

Forgot to add also go into McAfee SecurityCenter by double-clicking the taskbar icon.

Click Web and Email Protection

Click Firewall

Click Program Permissions and locate Internet Explorer and any other browsers you have and make sure they have Full Permission

(Use the Edit button if necessary).

If all that doesn't work I would need to know exactly how you connect to the internet.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/01/11 9:02:49 EST AM
            • 3. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !

yeah i tried that man but it says they cant detect any problem. OMG im so panic lol nottingham uni replied e-mail to me but cant get to ucas ewww !!!! screw me. iphone ftw.. :S

• 4. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !
                Peter M

I asked you to post full details on how you connect to the internet.  If this is a Uni with a proxy service you are going to have to ask their IT dept for help as well as most consumer security packages wont work through a proxy.

I also asked is this Vista SP2?

• 5. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !

yeahh tried that as well man and they all already there and both have full access. (both refers to the safari and IE)

* cry out loud*

I have this broadband thing its a hub (BT-internet hub). Before i downloaded this McAfee, it was working fine and indeed i could do connect to both IE and Safari. I connect to internet by using wireless connection eww help please.

Thank for your time man.

Peace

• 6. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !

Oh yes its vista SP2 and its all the site lol including google basically no internet connection. brother help me

• 7. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !
                      Peter M

I hope that any previous security protection was fully uninstalled?

Try this.

Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options > Advanced tab

Click Reset, Apply and OK any prompts.

Close & open IE.  Go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable any add-ons you need because the previous exercise will have disabled them.

See if you can connect to the internet.

In the worst scenario you can uninstall McAfee and get a full refund as long as it's within 30 days.

• 8. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !

oh sugar its not SP2 its vista SP1 , sorry man so do i still have to do the same ???

bought this pc for gaming man :/ really need an antivirus for gaming ^^.

• 9. Re: OH MY GOD! URGENTLY NEED HELP !
                          Peter M

OK you should get SP2 a.s.a.p., after all this is over as SP1 will fall out of support fairly soon.  Help with installing SP2 is here:  https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2019

Keep that for later.

Another thought...is your wireless router given full access in Firewall permissions?

What make/model is it   - I'll see if I can get any clues on the internet.

Also does Safe Mode with Networking work?

Also have you tried a LAN directly connected?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/01/11 9:28:27 EST AM
                          1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          1 2 Previous Next