Skip navigation
McAfee Secure sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
This discussion is archived
5212 Views 15 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2011 7:33 PM by SHUBYDO61 RSS 1 2 Previous Next
SHUBYDO61 Newcomer 44 posts since
Jul 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jan 9, 2011 5:09 PM

annoy popup warnings

can anybody help me for the past week i have been getting these annoying popup warnings. they come up in either a red or yellow border. the yellow border wasrning is " potentially annoying download detected" and you can either continue download or block it. it does not matter which i choose because in 2 minutes it comes back up. this started last week right after i shut down and restarted my computer after i was told to by McAfee due to an update needing a restart. everytime i get these popup warnings my connection freezes for several seconds. the only annoying download is this inseped warning.

i am running McAfee Total Protection 2010. all of my updates are current.

• Dinz Master 3,223 posts since
    Oct 13, 2009
    1. Jan 10, 2011 10:21 AM (in response to SHUBYDO61)
    Re: annoy popup warnings

Hi there,

Could you plese let us know whether these pop ups ar from McAfee or do they have any title embedded ?

If possible attach a screen shot for the same which will help us to proceed in a right way.

Regards,

Dinesh K
    McAfee Online Community Moderator

Dinesh
    Ex Community Admin
  • Champion 661 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    3. Jan 11, 2011 9:36 PM (in response to SHUBYDO61)

Looks like the alert message is from McAfee Site Advisor, can you try to uninstall Site Advisor from the control panel reboot the computer and reinstall it.

Check if the issue persist and update us on the status

• Jayadeep NR McAfeeSME 350 posts since
    Dec 20, 2010
    6. Mar 26, 2011 8:34 PM (in response to SHUBYDO61)

Shubydo,

I apologize for the inconvenience. May I know the version of Site Advisor installed on your computer? Did you enabled “Warn me before I download files from suspicious site”?

SA.JPG

Please click on the link and follow the steps.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101144

Thanks and regards,

Jayadeep NR
    McAfee SME

If you find this post helpful, a click upon Helpful Answer button at bottom would always be appreciated.
    If it also solves your problem, clicking Correct Answer below it will benefit other users!
  • newjack Veteran 1,172 posts since
    Dec 5, 2009
    8. Apr 2, 2011 9:04 AM (in response to SHUBYDO61)

There should be a black arrow next to the Mcafee secure rectangle.Open your browser click arrow and then click about.That will give you the version #

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points