3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2011 2:45 PM by Peter M

Removal tool

hi.

i used removal tool and after run it looks that still has mcafee remains in registry.

Id like to know is it possible remove mcafee software completly from pc without any remains with mentioned tool ?

another question :

If it possible many times, and how much??  download same software from the link from  ''my account''  if it before deleted from pc ?

thank you

• 1. Re: Removal tool
          Peter M

Aniela,

I understood that MCPR Removal Tool removed all vestiges of McAfee but some users have reported that some registry entries remained afterwards.

Make sure you are using the latest version from HERE.

Reboot afterwards and run it a second time if necessary.

The only other solution would be to go into the registry editor and remove entries manually.

Go to Start/Run and enter regedit  and click OK.

A  page  should open with the top left hand corner looking like this:

https://community.mcafee.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-143933-9767/-1--1/Regedit.jpg

If for some reason it's expanded, collapse it and then highlight My Computer   (Computer in Vista/Windows 7).

Go to File tab and click "Export" and send all of the   registry to your   desktop. This is in case something goes wrong. It can   then be rebuilt   by simply right-clicking that desktop item and selecting Merge.

Now click   the Edit tab and then "Find". Enter "McAfee" (minus the "") then click   "Find next" (or hit the enter key).

Whatever is found, right-click and   delete.

Hit your F3 key for the next instance and keep going until all entries are gone.

If one says it can't be deleted this is where it gets complicated. You  have to then find which key on the left column pertains to it and  right-click/Properties/Permissions and give yourself permission.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/01/11 8:11:32 EST AM
          • 2. Re: Removal tool

Ok. crystal clear Thank you.

regard

• 3. Re: Removal tool
              Peter M

You're welcome and good luck ;-)