3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2011 9:30 AM by Peter M

Cant run scan and real-time scanning cant turn on

I cant scan my laptop, when i click "run a quick scan" or "run a full  scan", it pop out written "An error has occur,an unexpected problem  occured during the scan,please click OK to go to the home page, and try  running scan again"i tried it over and over again,but it just come out  the same thing.
      And the real-time scanning is always off, when i turned it on, it turned off after a few seconds.
      Frustrated.

on 1/8/11 4:51:53 AM CST
        • 1. Re: Cant run scan and real-time scanning cant turn on
          Peter M

Is this Vista SP2?   Also do you have any other security software installed?   Also any strange popups indicating infection?

Try running the McAfee Virtual Technician to see if it will repair the installation.

If that doesn't help, try the following...

Uninstall all McAfee via Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a Program

Download and run the MCPR removal tool and reboot immediately.

Go to your online account page and download/install your products again.

If you've been using Registry Cleaners and Optimizers or System Restore, this can sometimes happen.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 08/01/11 8:35:56 EST AM
          • 2. Re: Cant run scan and real-time scanning cant turn on

Is my laptop exposing to danger in this situation?(unable to run scan)
            That's Windows 7.
            I didnt installed any other security software and there are no strange popups.

If i uninstall the program, and download back the program would it affect my product registry?
            I just purchase McAfee 2 weeks ago and it frusted me already. I have no idea how i can survive with McAfee for the following 14 months=(

• 3. Re: Cant run scan and real-time scanning cant turn on
              Peter M

No it's OK and Windows Firewall will enable itself during reinstallation so you are protected.  If you need online help from McAfee staff it is available through Technical Support Chat - see Useful Links above.