1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 4:31 PM by ArnsteinLangnes

The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory

ArnsteinLangnes

The SBFS is configured to 32 Mb.

Customer is running 5.2.1 on the server but has got client versions 5.1.1, 5.1.7 and 5.2.1 on 3 different machine groups.

Customer is running a single EEPC user group containing almost 2100 users linked to all machine groups. Running eToken as 2 factor authentication.

Earlier when the customer used 5.1.1 and when we calculated the size requested for each user we came to a few Kb. Like <10kb?? But now we see that each user added to the system require 40 - 70Kb of space?

1:  Is there a fixed size for the user in the local SBFS, or is this depending on other things also? EEPC Version log information??

2:  What is exactly contained in the SBFS?

3: Is it a normal issue that this size is now much bigger than it has been earlier?  Is the change from FAT to FAT32 have any influence here?

4: What is the consequence/risk when running the SBFS full? Apart from the fact that no new users will be added to the lokal machine. Any issue with log exchange or password changing etc.

We have tested shortly that force password change work OK, but it seems like no log info is returned back to the EEPC Database???

Please give me any info here and any experiences out there...

Regards

• 1. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory

1:  Is there a fixed size for the user in the local SBFS, or is this depending on other things also? EEPC Version log information??

Yes, it's fixed at the value you set at the beginning - it does not expand. No, the log is not in there.

2:  What is exactly contained in the SBFS?

Everything the pre-boot system needs.

3: Is it a normal issue that this size is now much bigger than it has been earlier?  Is the change from FAT to FAT32 have any influence here?

Yes, new features = new use. No, FAT32 makes no difference. Probably enabling local recovery is what's stretched it out for you.

4: What is the consequence/risk when running the SBFS full? Apart from the fact that no new users will be added to the lokal machine. Any issue with log exchange or password changing etc.

We have tested shortly that force password change work OK, but it seems like no log info is returned back to the EEPC Database???

Things can go very wrong, no logging, no password changes, no user updates etc. It's not reccomended to fill up SBFS.

• 2. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory
            ArnsteinLangnes

Thanks for the reply.

I understand from this that there should be no reason for the number of KB average occupied by new users now compared to what was initially when running 5.1.1 version.

We have not enabled any local recovery for this customer.

No new preboot images, only new versions of client files, token files and reader files.

So after installing a machine it is about 26 Mb free storage.

Customer has some removal of users also occationally, but I assume this will free up the space it has been using in the preboot??

Adding and removal of users is done by the AD connector.

The only other change is a modified bootcode.ini to enable eToken to be default selected when starting the PC.

Also delaying sync at startup. In addition shipping out the Scripting tool files, but this is I assume going to the program files are an not preboot SBFS?

Customer is a bit worried that there are some wrong here, and the solution to reinstall pc's  with a increased SBFS Size just will be a temp fix.

Of course the sectioning of machines and users into smaller units would help here.

PS: I did add a user manually on a seperate LAB system running 5.2.4 (or 5) also. The amount of space dropped by 40Kb. No AD connector. No nothing else done apart from adding this user..

So if it max should increase 25kb this is not what I experience here... Have not tested the situation using 5.1.1. in LAB yet..

Hope for a comment on this. I will also update on Monday with my findings in this issue.

Regards

• 3. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory

20K, 40K, it's all good - it depends on how much info is in the user, audit, question/answers etc.

You can see what's going on in SBFS by mounting it with WinTech and poking around - just don't start deleting anything!

• 4. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory
                ArnsteinLangnes

Hello.

A bit confused.

In your first reply  to item 1 you say "No logs here"

We do not use "Local recover option" so no q and a should take any space here.

Force password change and password successful change i understand must reside here since this is to be happening in preboot.

We had 1800 users on 15 Mb space unntil allmost one year ago (running for 2,5 years approx. Now the next approx 300 users has caused 10Mb of space been used..

• 5. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory

lots of product changes - it does not mean something is wrong. Maybe you just have a lot of audit? Maybe you have a lot of self recovery questions set, even though it's not enabled?

Go poke around in SBFS and see.

• 6. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory
                    ArnsteinLangnes

Good idea.

I will try to remove tha default questions (do not remember how many) even if they are not enabled.They have no meaning in our configuration.

Is it possible to remove them all? (never modified this new feature since no customer has used them)

Thanks. Will update after tested..

• 7. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory
                      ArnsteinLangnes

Hello Again.

I tested today the following.

Enabled the Self service feature on the user group.

Found a lot of secret questions on many languages.

Removed all questions.

Disabled the Self service feature

Applied the changes.

Now i tested adding a new user manually into the user group.

Increase in size is now 8kb

Before removing the questions in the disabled self service option the increase was 38 kb..

So even if the feature is disabled this is taking up space in the SBFS partition.

Problem is that all the users that has been added to the system after this feature was applied to the System (at least present in the 5.1.7 version, but not in the 5.1.5 version) removing the questions do not cause a reduction in space on theese users....

Is there any way to accomplish this by any automatic task/script???

Also another option that I have not yest verified if takes more space is the AD connector attribute "userCertificate" We do not use Certificate token, but the customer has applied a PKI certificate solution for use on other application into their environment. Not been able to verify if this might cause also an increase in space requirements.

Pleased for an update from your point of view SH!!

Regards

• 8. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory
                        ArnsteinLangnes

Hello.

I used a misunderstanding word for the feature. Correct is Local Recovery.

Not Self Service as i used in the above description...

Regards

• 9. Re: The SBFS is full. Error: e0050035 Unable to create client datastore object directory

no, there's no official way to remove the data once it's on the machine - you could remove the users I guess, then add them back again? Personally I've never tested this but I don't see why it would not result in the user being re-added with a smaller footprint.

If you want to totally flush SBFS, you need to do an eboot, or a disable/enable (with decryption etc). This is also true if you want to change the SBFS size.

1 2 Previous Next