Please clarify the following:
1. What is the size of your Hard Disk Drive?
2. What is the current DAT/Engine version of your McAfee programs?
3. When you say it’s still scanning at 75% - is it stuck on any particular file – If yes, please specify the name and the location of the file name
Hi- hard disk is 80 gb- I have only used half of it- dat version 6218- scanning tonight as I stated went smoothly as far as I can tell, all my hours scans take at least 3 hours- Is this not normal? last night was only the second time it took over 7-I did not notice if it was stuck on any particular section- if it happens again I will check--if I know what to look for-it did not seem stuck, just very slow however I probably did not know what to watch for to report-
You could Turn off the Scan Using Minimal Computer Resources option and see if the scan speed increases. Moreover, if its the first time you scan your computer , it may take longer as VirusScan could be caching, which allows safe files to be cached in memory, so they won't need to be scanned by subsequent scans. Thus, the subsequent scans will run faster
- Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
- From McAfee SecurityCenter, expand Virus and Spyware Protection.
- Click Scan Your PC.
- On the Scan Your PC page, click Run a custom scan.
- Under Settings, deselect Scan using minimal resources.
When you disable Scan Using Minimal Computer Resources, your scan speed should increase.
Thread moved to Virus scan section
McAfee Online Community Moderator