5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2011 4:09 AM by JoeBidgood

SADR replication?

After a new SADR is created (i.e. agent is deployed, box is checked in the agent to make it a SADR), I see the machine show up in the Distributed Repositories list. My question is, how does the machine receive its initial replication? Is this automatic?

• 1. Re: SADR replication?
          JoeBidgood

If you have a replication task configured to replicate to all repos, then it will effectively be automatic - the next time this task runs then it will see the new repo and replicate to it. But there is no automatic replication to a newly-created repo - some sort of replication task (either scheduled or manually invoked) is required.

HTH -

Joe

• 2. Re: SADR replication?

Ok, yeah im pushing a full replication and I believe we have a weekly incremental task.

• 3. Re: SADR replication?
              JoeBidgood

Okay - maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that seems a  bit counterintuitive. Are you saying you're doing a full replication every day and an incremental once a week?

Personally I would do it the other way round - incremental daily, and only do a full replication if there were problems...

HTH -

Joe

• 4. Re: SADR replication?

Joe,

Follow up to this question. We had the full replication working, so all the packages were in the SADR. What was not working was the daily incremental update. I went into Automation -> Server Tasks and then went to the Daily Incrimental task. When you look at the task, you can set it to run on all of your repositories, or just selected ones.

Since we were running it on only selected SADRs, and this was a new SADR, I had to go into the task and add the name of the new SADR so that the daily task would kick off for it.

• 5. Re: SADR replication?
                  JoeBidgood

Yep, that makes sense - as I mentioned earlier, "If you have a replication task configured to replicate to all repos,  then it will effectively be automatic - the next time this task runs  then it will see the new repo and replicate to it."

The reverse of this - i.e. your environment - is that if the task is *not* configured to replicate to all repos, then newly-added ones will not be included in the replication.  You'd be pretty annoyed if they were, I would imagine

Regards -

Joe